New Irvine house with small lot size

yaliu07

I saw couple new model house in CV and SG.  However, their lot size is tiny.  Does anyone know why is this?  Old house in Irvine usually has a 5000 lot size.

I feel I am buy a condo with house price because of small lot size.

Thanks

Ripping you off because you let them.  As long as people keep buying small lot sizes they will keep building small lot sizes.  Just say no.

It's because people like me let them rip us off. ;) I think the land saved are used more for common grounds and parks in Irvine compared to other towns.  Irvine has most number of parks and common grounds relative to the total number of homes (good park to home ratio).  btw, I hate taking care of lawns, etc.  More water, gardener cost more, etc.  I rarely go out in the backyard.  I rather have more living space in door.

Replace your HOA cost with the nominal cost of a gardener. 

Just purchased a home in fountain valley, 2600 sqft, 6500 sqft lot, driveway, large roads, nearby park in community, and 5 miles to beach!  Only $745k! Sure it is old but nothing a $100k Reno budget can't solve.  You know, all the money I made from selling my house at WTF prices in Irvine!

Goriot said:
It's because people like me let them rip us off. ;) I think the land saved are used more for common grounds and parks in Irvine compared to other towns.  Irvine has most number of parks and common grounds relative to the total number of homes (good park to home ratio).  btw, I hate taking care of lawns, etc.  More water, gardener cost more, etc.  I rarely go out in the backyard.  I rather have more living space in door.
You can always build more living indoor space, you can't build more land.  Hence, land is more valuable that the structure of the home.  :p  If you have a bigger lot, you can build a bigger and better home than your neighbors.  8)

Lot size is incredibly important. It determines the amount of space between houses. Also land has fundamental value all by itself.

We are looking to get a larger SFR, but I'm unwilling to pay more for a smaller lot.

qwerty said:
it seems like some people have a sense of pride that they were ripped off by TIC. i dont understand it.

Because they want to live in Irvine so badly that they are willing suckers!

yaliu07 said:
I saw couple new model house in CV and SG.  However, their lot size is tiny.  Does anyone know why is this?  Old house in Irvine usually has a 5000 lot size.
Study the village layout carefully, and you may find few lots that are larger than others.
Now trying to buy that larger lot in this buying frenzy is different story.

Back