Low-Cal Recipes

socal78

This is a pie recipe I've made for years. It is the easiest no-bake pie ever created. It's very light, like a mousse. What I like about it is you can switch out the flavors of Jello & yogurt to make any other kind of pie you want (Strawberry, lemon, orange, etc.) If you can't find the matching flavor yogurt to the Jello, use vanilla yogurt. The original uses all low-fat and sugar-free ingredients. However, being me, I converted it to full sugar, regular ingredients. I will post both versions.

Fluffy Key Lime Pie
Link:http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/fluffy-key-lime-pie

exps36450_CW1193322D30B.jpg

Ingredients

1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lime gelatin
1/4 cup boiling water
2 cartons (6 ounces each) key lime yogurt
1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)

Directions

In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Whisk in yogurt. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into crust.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set. Yield: 8 servings.

Nutritional Facts
1 piece equals 194 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.

**** If you substitute a small (3 oz.) box of regular Jello, 1/2 C. boiling water, regular Coolwhip, and Keebler Extra 2 Serving Graham Crust
8 servings = 323 calories each.

my wife has been making me banana cream pies the last couple of weeks, they are so good. its just the Jello pudding and the keebler pie crust, put in the fridge for an hour and let the fun begin.

Tilt Parfaits - LINK. I make them in wine glasses. I like making these because I'm a huge Jell-o fan (read: loser). The possibilities are endless. Not many calories!!

jello+superberry+slope+wm+IMG_4515.jpg

Not a recipe, but...

THIS IS SO GOOD!

newFLIP_almond_angle-lg1.png

Almond Coco Loco
Toasted almonds, dark chocolate chips, coconut low-fat Greek yogurt. 230 calories.

I usually don't like nuts but this is:  :-*

Back