Boomers Tips

socal78

The card scanners on the little kids' race cars and the tugboat are broken. That means you / your kid rides free as many times as you want. They just need to see your card to make sure you're a patron but they don't use it. Sometimes the employee will pretend to scan your card. It does not deduct points. Most of the time they don't even bother pretending to scan.

If you're smart, don't fill your child in on the secret.  ;) They will never want to leave.

H        O        M        E        R said:
IHO- lets go!

I think most of the rides and features have certain... um...  size restrictions. Maybe you can take him to the arcade area.

I can't even fit in the bigger cars... heck... I barely fit on the mini golf course.

#YouKnowYouAre as big as IHO when they name a shirt size after you... XL, XXL, IHOL

irvinehomeowner said:
I can't even fit in the bigger cars...

Sometimes internet really sucks because you can't see the other person's visual cues. Are you joking or not?!!? You can't be serious.

I'll confess. I am 99.99% sure I have seen you within the last 6 months. If I did, you are older & grayer than I thought but not as fat as I imagined. (There is a compliment in there somewhere.)

My son begs to go to Boomers on a regular basis. I think it is unbelievably boring, so I make lots of excuses about why we can't go.

Anyone know what they are building there? We drove past it on the 405 the other day and it looked like they are building some kind of new attraction.

They are building a water attraction area... waterslide etc.

What I want to know is what they are building across the storm channel... another mid-rise housing building?

irvinehomeowner said:
They are building a water attraction area... waterslide etc.

What I want to know is what they are building across the storm channel... another mid-rise housing building?

Ok, good! My son will have absolutely no interest in that!

I don't know what they are building at that site, but it seems like it's been under construction forever!

The water park area says coming spring 2013 but still under construction as of last weekend.

The air hockey and skee ball are my favorites. They never get old.

Trace - if you want no crowds, try Mother's Day one year. We just went last Sunday. It was the least amount of people you could hope for. I guess everybody was at the mall, spa, etc.

You are a very kind mother to go to Boomers on Mother's Day!

We went to the mall last Sunday, and it was horribly crowded.

Marty, I took a photo for you. I'm having a hell of a time getting it to post here. It won't show any detail unless I post it full size which is bigger than allowed by this software. But for whatever weird reason it won't even let me post a link to the photo on a separate page.

I went to Boomers again this week. The water park is all built up. Coincidentally, I was there right when they were doing a water test. Looks like it's ready to go. Should be any day now. The sign still said "Coming Spring 2013".

That place looks fun!  I personally love water parks and even had a season pass at Wild Rivers so I can go during summers when I had a couple hours and nothing to do.  However, the amount of "attractions" seems to be minimal so I would just look like some weird old guy as I would be there alone, haha. Wild Rivers was nice as I just looked like some guy who went on a ride by himself and left the troop at another ride.

speaking of water parks.  If you have been to two of them or all 3 how would you compare them?

Knott's Soak City
Wild Rivers
Raging Waters

I have only been to Wild Rivers but it appears Raging Waters is a step above in the number of rides and they some just look more thrilling.  Soak City doesn't look that much better than Wild Rivers.

It's not often that I post deals in Irvine, but I found one for all the parents in the house:

The Boomers Season Pass costs $42 if you buy 3 or more, or $45 otherwise (less than a one day pass!)

-The pass is good for all attractions (minus arcade) for the rest of 2018 and all of 2019.
-Unlimited Buccaneer Cove water park entrance (normally $20/day)
-A discount "all day" pass for a friend (only $15)
-Two free attractions for a friend
-Free batting cages (25 pitches/day)
-Arcade credits worth $15
-There are some other minor benefits.  See the website.

http://www.boomersparks.com/irvine/pricing#1

To me, this is an insanely good deal!  I took my kids on Monday as a last hurrah before school began and figured out we would probably spend at least $42 per person just for the day.  Buying the season pass for $42 means we can continue to go back for the next 16 months as much as we want!

Liar Loan said:
It's not often that I post deals in Irvine, but I found one for all the parents in the house:

The Boomers Season Pass costs $42 if you buy 3 or more, or $45 otherwise (less than a one day pass!)

-The pass is good for all attractions (minus arcade) for the rest of 2018 and all of 2019.
-Unlimited Buccaneer Cove water park entrance (normally $20/day)
-A discount "all day" pass for a friend (only $15)
-Two free attractions for a friend
-Free batting cages (25 pitches/day)
-Arcade credits worth $15
-There are some other minor benefits.  See the website.

http://www.boomersparks.com/irvine/pricing#1

To me, this is an insanely good deal!  I took my kids on Monday as a last hurrah before school began and figured out we would probably spend at least $42 per person just for the day.  Buying the season pass for $42 means we can continue to go back for the next 16 months as much as we want!

Looks like another $5 off if you show them your AAA card.

HMart said:
Seems like a great deal on paper. How are the lines these days?
I bought into the deal.  We've gone twice so far. 

For the two big kid rides and bumper boats, the lines seem to be perfectly fine.
For the racing, the line was long one day and short the next day.  (For the long line, we had to wait for 2 sessions before we could ride.  That's not too bad.)
For miniature golfing, we felt pressured on the first few holes as a lot of people lined up behind us.  Eventually we caught up with the people in front of us. 

Back