Referral Needed for Kitchen and Bathroom Remodel

BettyBlue

I'm going to be re-doing my kitchen (mostly cabinet and countertop work) along with a bathroom renovation for my Woodbridge home, have any good recs? Thanks in advance.

Eastly Construction Company
Matt Wagoner
951-505-3594
mwagoner@eastleyconstruction.com
www.eastleyconstruction.com

This is a business school buddy of mine.  Tons of experience in construction.  Works on everything from custom homes to small paint jobs.  Has great subcontractors who have worked with him for years and is not just grabbing people from home depot.  Very high quality work. 

Resurrection time.

One of my relatives wants to do a bath remodel... but it's been hit and miss with trying to find a reliable contractor.

Any new recs for this? USC?

irvinehomeowner said:
Resurrection time.

One of my relatives wants to do a bath remodel... but it's been hit and miss with trying to find a reliable contractor.

Any new recs for this? USC?

Are you comfortable using a Chinese contractor? If so, I can recommend a good licensed one. We used them for a complete gut job for a flip.
They do quality work but none of the workers speak English. Only the contractor speaks English. I speak Mandarin so it was not a problem.
We got 6-7 other bids and they beat the lowest one by 25 -30 %.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 241
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 254
Hi,
I think I sent the PM ( although it's not showing in my messages)
hopefully you got it.
I don't think they are on yelp. They have around 50 reviews on FB tho. ( also sent the FB link)

Kenkoko said:
I think i sent it. But since there is no history for private messages, I am not 100% certain.
:-[
Yes, they do painting.

You can click on 'Sent Items' to see the messages you sent.

I got yours, passed it along... not sure if they were able to contact them.

Kenkoko, can I have the Chinese contractor?s contact as well?

Appreciate it if anyone who has it can send me the info.

Thanks a lot!

So I heard back from the person I sent the Chinese referral to and they said they are not doing homes in this area. :(

Looks like they will have to rely on Yelp.

So according to the Internet, a medium sized bathroom (vanity, toilet, tub/shower) should cost somewhere between $8k-12k. Yet, all the quotes my relative has been getting are $18k-20k.

Costing out the work, the lower range seems correct, so why is everyone price gouging? Wish I was younger, I would help them do it themselves and film it for the DIY Network show, Renovation Realities.

My outside gas line broke, and the gas company wouldn't hook up my BBQ due to the leak.
Plumbers came to check on the leak, and said they could detect the leak for $3500 (this is before repairs), or install a new gas line for $10,800.

I called a friend who had a pressure gage, and we went to the backyard looking for the leak.

We found the leak about 30 minutes into the search and then took another 2 hours fixing it.
After it was fixed, the gas company came out and connected my BBQ.

So it's best you know at least a little bit about everything, because what you don't know is gonna cost you lots of money.

Back