Author Topic: Junk fooding  (Read 187091 times)

Offline WTTCHMN

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 319
Re: Junk fooding
« Reply #675 on: January 04, 2018, 02:02:31 PM »
Ugh, another rice bowl restaurant? Yes, but Pier 76 in Tustin is better than most

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/04/review-ugh-another-rice-bowl-yes-but-pier-76-is-better-than-most/

Offline WTTCHMN

• Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 319
Are Taco Bell’s new Nacho Fries, available today, better than McDonald’s?
« Reply #676 on: January 25, 2018, 11:33:19 AM »
Are Taco Bell’s new Nacho Fries, available today, better than McDonald’s?

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/25/are-taco-bells-new-nacho-fries-available-today-better-than-mcdonalds/

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Online qwerty

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2718
  • -Received: 1803
« Reply #677 on: January 25, 2018, 01:41:24 PM »
Been waiting for this day. Tonight I will indulge in the nacho fries with beef, sour cream and extra cheese sauce.

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 613
  • -Received: 570
« Reply #678 on: April 06, 2018, 05:21:54 PM »
Tried the triple melt burrito yesterday...very disappointed.   Back to the Beefy Frito Burrito. 

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 211
  • -Received: 789
« Reply #679 on: June 12, 2018, 04:19:23 PM »
If anyone has Disneyland passes, try the "Carrot Cake Churro" in New Orleans square, for a limited time only during Pixar Fest.

Best Churro I've ever ate.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 481
  • -Received: 755
« Reply #680 on: June 12, 2018, 04:32:36 PM »
Just go to Costco if you want a Churro.

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 211
  • -Received: 789
« Reply #681 on: January 21, 2019, 04:29:12 PM »
Just tried Redstraw, new tea shop in Cypress Village where juice it up used to be.  You can really get diabetes here within a few feet of each other with Cauldron+Starbucks+Redstraw.

Anyhow tried the RS Milk Tea with boba.  After all, a true measure of any tea shop is how they execute the classics, right?  The verdict... meh, it was decent but nothing great.  I do think though I’d choose this milk tea over Lollicup and Tapioca Express.  The boba had good texture and some flavor unlike the bland mushier boba at the other shops.  Tea was just ok, still a bit too sweet at 75% and I like sweet stuff.

I think my go-to is still Sharetea Okinawa Milk Tea with Boba 75% sweet.  The Sharetea boba texture and flavor is perfect, better than any I’ve had in US and the Tea Flavor is awesome on the Okinawa... I just wish I didn’t have to drive to UCI or CM for it.

Oh well, Happy junk fooding!

https://www.yelp.com/biz/redstraw-irvine-6

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
« Reply #682 on: January 21, 2019, 04:52:18 PM »
Just tried Redstraw, new tea shop in Cypress Village where juice it up used to be.  You can really get diabetes here within a few feet of each other with Cauldron+Starbucks+Redstraw.

Anyhow tried the RS Milk Tea with boba.  After all, a true measure of any tea shop is how they execute the classics, right?  The verdict... meh, it was decent but nothing great.  I do think though I’d choose this milk tea over Lollicup and Tapioca Express.  The boba had good texture and some flavor unlike the bland mushier boba at the other shops.  Tea was just ok, still a bit too sweet at 75% and I like sweet stuff.

I think my go-to is still Sharetea Okinawa Milk Tea with Boba 75% sweet.  The Sharetea boba texture and flavor is perfect, better than any I’ve had in US and the Tea Flavor is awesome on the Okinawa... I just wish I didn’t have to drive to UCI or CM for it.

Agree on the review...they try doing all these exotic teas that just falls flat.  Also super expensive.

Sharetea is excellent but the new fav is Omomo at the Alton Square.

Offline bones

• Thanks
  • -Given: 210
  • -Received: 1177
« Reply #683 on: January 21, 2019, 06:32:04 PM »

I liked it. A lot. Enough to drive out of my way to get it twice in a week. I do mine with soy milk at 25% sweetness.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2630
  • -Received: 3969
  • 3CWG
« Reply #684 on: February 04, 2019, 10:38:52 PM »
Lollicup is still good enough for us.

Waiting in line at Omomo and 7 Leaves is crazy... not to mention how much it costs.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline iacrenter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 446
  • -Received: 668
« Reply #685 on: February 05, 2019, 01:34:52 PM »

Waiting in line at Omomo and 7 Leaves is crazy... not to mention how much it costs.

Omomo and 7 Leaves are not cheap but worth the price. Just avoid peak times.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
  • -Given: 210
  • -Received: 261
« Reply #686 on: February 05, 2019, 01:39:20 PM »
Cauldron from CV plaza used to be packed with 2-hour waiting lines, but now they're all gone. Pretty empty whenever I visited these days. It could be the time frames I visited. Also when the line used to be so long, I found out it was because the cashier guy was going over the whole menu with each customer talking for literally 3-5 min at once. That guy gets the mad prop from the owner's perspective. Maybe he is the owner.

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
« Reply #687 on: February 05, 2019, 06:05:52 PM »
Cauldron from CV plaza used to be packed with 2-hour waiting lines, but now they're all gone. Pretty empty whenever I visited these days. It could be the time frames I visited. Also when the line used to be so long, I found out it was because the cashier guy was going over the whole menu with each customer talking for literally 3-5 min at once. That guy gets the mad prop from the owner's perspective. Maybe he is the owner.

I dislike all those nitrogen ice cream places...so overrated and expensive.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2630
  • -Received: 3969
  • 3CWG
« Reply #688 on: February 05, 2019, 07:19:00 PM »
Expensive yes. Overrated, it taste pretty good because it’s made fresh, like Stricklands (RIP).
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline spootieho

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 153
  • -Received: 85
  • Somewhere in Irvine
« Reply #689 on: February 13, 2019, 04:04:19 PM »

Since new owners at Lollicup on Jeffrey/walnut, the prices have gone up like 3-4 different times.  What was $5 is now $8.75.  Doesn't sound like much, but when paying for 4, $20 becomes $35 and it's very noticeable.  I love their popcorn chicken, but go there much less now.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal