Junk fooding

ps99472

I enjoy my drive thru fast food once in awhile.  This morning I had a Taco Waffle at Taco Bell: sausage+egg+waffle.  It was pretty good and the waffle was soft enough to wrap it all up well.  Then I had an epiphany....Taco Bell and KFC are the same company...and they sometimes come together in a trifecta as Taco Hut Chicken....so why not a chicken and waffle taco?  If I go drive thru and order that, will they be able to make it?  I guess I can order it separately and hack it together myself... Taco Waffle, hold the sausage and egg, and a side of boneless chicken strips...syrup.. Whoila!

Didn't know Taco Bell was doing waffles now... that means they can probably do your magic combo at the one on Culver and Irvine Center Drive since that's a KFC/TB combo.

Speaking of waffles... need to post something in the Retail thread...

The Taco Bell on barranca between red hill and jamboree is a corporate owned location. They offer different items on the 99cent menu such as a mini spicy beef or chicken quesadilla which is really good. Those menu items aren't even on the website. I asked the drive thru girl why those menu items were not available elsewhere and she said only corporate owned locations had them.

Finish off the meal properly with a:

Choco_taco.jpg
  :p

qwerty said:
The Taco Bell on barranca between red hill and jamboree is a corporate owned location. They offer different items on the 99cent menu such as a mini spicy beef or chicken quesadilla which is really good. Those menu items aren't even on the website. I asked the drive thru girl why those menu items were not available elsewhere and she said only corporate owned locations had them.

Kinda like the original Del Tacos in Barstow....lots of stuff avail that no other Del Taco has

ff37266fbe11670c558386d55d88322c_zps153522b9.jpg

Haribos on sale at World Market!  They sell these everywhere, even Amazon, but the ones at World Market tend to be the freshest.  Gonna get some colas and twin cherries. 

Digestives and Biscoff spread also on sale as well.

lnc said:
Are those gummy bears?  They are for you kids right? ;)

Sure for my kids... I can polish off a cola bag on my own in one sitting, I'm not big on sweets but these gummies had me at "Ha" :)

As I was getting some more pot pies this weekend from Pie Not in Costa Mesa I decided to get a couple of doughnuts from the donut place next door called sidecar doughnuts. I got three donuts and the cash register rings up 8.75!  I didn't think to ask about the price, well cause if you have to ask the price you can't afford it :)

In any event, the doughnuts while pricey are excellent donuts. My wife is something of a donut expert and she loved them. Is had a couple of bites throughout the day from each donut and they were in fact excellent. Much better than your average donut. They are more dense and the flavor are excellent. It appears though they only have 8-10 flavored a day but they make them in small batches throughout the day. So while you don't get the large selection as a regular donut shop (cornbread flavored donuts, lava cake doughnut, etc) they are of much higher quality.

http://m.yelp.com/biz/sidecar-doughnuts-and-coffee-costa-mesa

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
My wife is something of a donut expert
Keeper!

The donut expert is just the cherry on top. What made her a keeper was she qualified under my 80% rule. Meaning she made at least 80% of my salary. So that way if we ever divorced she wouldn't be a future liability (any significant alimony).

Qwerty, get a Fry Baby or Fry Daddy. You can make your own doughnuts. I crank out my own Apple Cider doughnuts & Glazed doughnuts. Good when warm.

SoCal said:
Qwerty, get a Fry Baby or Fry Daddy. You can make your own doughnuts. I crank out my own Apple Cider doughnuts & Glazed doughnuts. Good when warm.

this cant be good for me. this is like giving a heroin junkie a needle that is filled up and ready to go.

qwerty said:
SoCal said:

this cant be good for me. this is like giving a heroin junkie a needle that is filled up and ready to go.

Haha. True. Mr. SoCal always says that is one of the ways I am going to give him a heart attack & kill him early.

qwerty said:
What made her a keeper was she qualified under my 80% rule. Meaning she made at least 80% of my salary. So that way if we ever divorced she wouldn't be a future liability (any significant alimony).

Divorc?e - meh. "Professional Widow" is where the money's at. *Fries up new batch of high cholesterol donuts*

SoCal said:
Like many foods, I like donuts enough to buy them, but not enough to make them.

Maybe I should have also said "not enough to wait for them to be made".

My wife works too so I don't expect her to cook for me if she doesn't want to.

Back