Thinspiration

socal78

Shared on Faceback by my friend who lost 155 lbs. Most of us don't have 155 lbs. to lose but anybody who has been down this path even if it's 20 lbs. can still identify with it.

"Longest status ever, but I love it and know it will help at least one person (someone specific  :) ). This is how I feel. I lost almost 70 pounds dieting. But then I started living. I started dealing with everything but my weight and the weight continuing to drop has been a wonderful side effect.....

Weight loss is just a small aspect of fitness, and in actuality, is just a side-effect of living a healthy lifestyle. The true meaning of fitness and what it means to me? It means taking back control of your body. It's about owning yourself. It's about practicing self-control and feeling powerful. They call it a weight loss journey for a reason. It's a time for self reflection. The closer you come to reaching your weight loss goal, the less you care about losing weight. Instead, your goal changes to wanting to be fit and healthy, both physically and mentally. As you drop the pounds, you start making new connections in your brain and epiphany moments begin popping up left and right. These "ah-ha" moments create real change, and solidify you in your new healthy lifestyle. You discover the cause and effect of your unhealthy behaviors, and you're able to rewire your brain so that it no longer happens. Instead of just knowing you shouldn't do something because it's bad for you, you learn why it's bad for you and why you make those unhealthy decisions in the first place. You become your own therapist. With that complete understanding of how you function in that situation, you're able to take the right steps to change your behavior for good. You just taught yourself self-control, and you feel empowered as a result.

Being fit and healthy is a mentality, not a look. The look is a side effect of the way you think. Change your thoughts and you will change your body. Don't beat yourself up over your failures. You will fail. We all do. Use them as a means to learn about yourself and build yourself up stronger for the next challenge. Each time you break through those barriers, you become more confident in yourself. You've made another step in the right direction. You've made progress. You won. This new mentality doesn't just function in the health and fitness aspects of your life either. Those same concepts that you learned are applied to other areas of your life. You didn't just learn how to lose weight. You learned how to change. You learned how to control your behavior. You took back your power from your mind and now you're ready to take on the world.

The true meaning of fitness? It's not losing weight or running faster or being stronger. It's about smiling and knowing that you took a stand against your self-sabotaging behavior, and won. You're a winner. You accomplished what millions of other people are struggling with every day - the desire to truly own yourself, both mentally and physically. If you are in the middle of your journey, be strong and love yourself, for you are well on your way to freeing yourself of the shackles that have held you back all your life. Take a deep breath and continue on. Push through the challenges. Be confident that you have what it takes to own yourself. Be proud of yourself. Be your biggest cheerleader. You deserve to have it all."

"The Anti-Jared"http://theantijared.com/

"Lost Over 200 lbs. But Will NEVER Forget Life at 420 lbs."

22.8k likes on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Anti-Jared/285102642711?fref=ts

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4EEDyTM38mk[/youtube]

17804_10151413633202712_1710025888_n.jpg

O...M...G!  :eek:

From The Anti-Jared on Facebook:

"It is 12:23am right now and a little over five years ago I would be driving home from work. I worked about thirty minutes from my house, so there was plenty of time to get food. I got food although I ate all day long.

I would first make sure I had enough cash. I never put all of the food on a credit card. It was too painful. I did not want my wife to see how much money I would spend on food. I also had to make sure I had a towel in the car to cover my shirt. I did not want any stains on it from ketchup, taco sauce or honey mustard.

I would stop at the first fast food restaurant?Backyard Burgers. They were just about to close so I had to rush there. I would get a couple of burgers and a chicken sandwich. I was not a fan of their fries so I always passed. I got it and then ate it on the way to the next restaurant.

The next was Burger King. There I would get a few double cheeseburgers and fries. Their fries were the best. It tasted like they floured the fries.

After that I went to Wendy?s. There was no ?Baconater? at the time so I would just order a triple with extra bacon. The Frosty never did well while driving so I passed on a dessert.

My last stop was McDonald's. It was always McDonald's. There I could get the most food for the cheapest price. That was when the dollar menu was really stocked. Twenty dollars went far.

I would have a garbage bag next to me to throw away all the evidence. I would usually stop by a gas station and throw it out there before I got home.

I would be sad when the food was gone. I ate it so quickly.

This was every night I worked.

I have not eaten like this in years. After losing all of the weight, even through my struggles with keeping it off, I passed on fast food. I knew what it did to me. My wife. Everyone around me.

My story is similar to most but I try to tell it a little differently. I am not going to tell you how to eat. What is the best workout and what is the best diet tip.

I will tell you honestly that when I drive by a fast food restaurant to this day?it smells delicious.

But I never want to see my wife cry again because of my weight. I never want her to think I am going to die because of selfish eating. I do not want her to be a widow.

And that is more important than any burger I will ever eat."
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Anti-Jared/285102642711

Ugh, that's horrible.  I mean really, he was the cliche.

Two burgers, plus three burgers,plus a triple burger, plus $20 on the dollar menu at McD.

Seriously, most fat people DO NOT EAT LIKE THIS!

Back