[IHB] Open House Review: 67 Coriander

$915,888 is way too much for this home... even with the magic FCB numbers.

It just shows how some are really cashing in on this mini-bubble... homes bigger than this in the same tract went for less than $800k last year.

And this one is already pending... I'm confounded.

Until we see some significant event: 1) Higher inventory 2) Rise in interest rates 3) Market disruption (natural disaster, war, stock market meltdown etc...), we will continue to see rising home prices and multiple bids in the short term.

At this rate, Irvine will drive away local people faster than imagined..
IHO, are you still thinking of looking for that 3CWG in Irvine, or land with capped and abandoned oil well tempts you sometimes?

iacrenter said:
Until we see some significant event: 1) Higher inventory 2) Rise in interest rates 3) Market disruption (natural disaster, war, stock market meltdown etc...), we will continue to see rising home prices and multiple bids in the short term.

Something disastrous in CA, or in Asia?
Higher inventory.. 1000+ homes happened four years ago. Prices weren't too far off from where they are now. Apocalypse missed Irvine.
Interest rates.. it's all cash transactions.. how does it matter?
Market disruption.. what kind are we talking about? 09 came and went. Obama was re-elected. Earthquake?

Cubic Zirconia said:
iacrenter said:

Something disastrous in CA, or in Asia?
Higher inventory.. 1000+ homes happened four years ago. Prices weren't too far off from where they are now. Apocalypse missed Irvine.
Interest rates.. it's all cash transactions.. how does it matter?
Market disruption.. what kind are we talking about? 09 came and went. Obama was re-elected. Earthquake?

Interest rates are the key.

All three prongs of the current buyer pool are driven by interest rates.  Or lack there-of more specifically.  Investors buy because of the lack of returns with cashflow elsewhere.  Cashbuyers have no place better to put their money and regular buyers can't otherwise afford the place.

A 2nd dip on the recession will do the disruption. At the moment, the Government Agencies seem intent on inflicting maximum pain for the sequester.

Otherwise, hang on until investment returns return elsewhere.

irvinehomeowner said:
I need to spread some rumor about Quail Hill being built on top of a cemetery or toxic land.

Or discover the z-virus.

Is Oak Creek right across the freeway there?  Don't the Oak Creek homes basically have subterranean methane and venting pipe coming up through their roofs?

I remember them being built and noticing the abundance of venting pipes through the roof and asking and someone told me methane.  Don't know if it's true.

Back