[IHB] Open House Review: 4051 Blackfin

Any time I drive by an open house that has a basketball hoop in the driveway, I don't even bother going in.  Maybe just a psychological thing but its a huge turn off.

aquabliss said:
Any time I drive by an open house that has a basketball hoop in the driveway, I don't even bother going in.  Maybe just a psychological thing but its a huge turn off.
Opposite for me... I challenge the owner to HORSE for his house.

But not this one... I agree with Karen, backing Bryan is a con (but not as bad as backing Culver). Solitaire has better curb appeal but this home has a better interior and... a 3CWG.

irvinehomeowner said:
Solitaire has better curb appeal but this home has a better interior and... a 3CWG.

I couldn't help but notice you have an affinity for this place and the last one profiled which also had an open staircase. I just hope anyone considering this style of home re-thinks it if they are planning to have children while living there. Very unsafe for a bebe to crawl up & possibly fall through the steps! Also, not easy to gate this and the other one looked impossible. I hope this helps.

SoCal said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Solitaire has better curb appeal but this home has a better interior and... a 3CWG.

I couldn't help but notice you have an affinity for this place and the last one profiled which also had an open staircase. I just hope anyone considering this style of home re-thinks it if they are planning to have children while living there. Very unsafe for a bebe to crawl up & possibly fall through the steps! Also, not easy to gate this and the other one looked impossible. I hope this helps.

We solved this with green plastic chicken mesh and zip ties from Home Depot. It worked well. When our kids got older we took the mesh down and our stairway looked so great!  ;)

frenet said:
We solved this with green plastic chicken mesh and zip ties from Home Depot. It worked well. When our kids got older we took the mesh down and our stairway looked so great!  ;)

We tried this same thing, but social services keeps nagging us that using zip ties on the kids any more is strictly verboten.

Oh, you meant for the stairway... nevermind. Carry on.

Back