Eastwood Village (Planning Area 5B) coming 2017

ps99472

Thought this development merits its own thread.. here's the initial mention by Inc at this thread
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,3382.msg52587.html#msg52587

Here's the latest info from canyoncreek HOA

pa5b_zpsc9c2e651.jpg
http://www.canyoncreekhoa.com/news/hinesnursery/20130317_Planning_Area_5B_Facts.pdf

Two community pools/parks, 1 pocket park, 1 new elementary school... this is interesting...

Number of Planned Homes: A total of 1,900 homes including a mix of single-family detached homes, condominiums and townhomes
are proposed. More detailed residential plans will be filed with the City later this summer, however, as required by city zoning
regulations, new homes adjacent to existing single family detached homes will also be single family detached.

So the north and west end (upside down "L" on map) will be the Single family homes.. hopefully with full driveways and CDS.

Will they ever run out of land in Irvine?

This is more like Stonegate West than NPE... I'm surprised they are building another Elem considering Stongate Elem is just across Jeffrey.

The plan doesn't call out for apartments but that would be un-TIC-like.

I guess all this low inventory has sped up TIC's build out plans and they want to compete with Lennar's Great Park.

I should open up some business in Northwood Town Center... that's going to get more traffic.

As if Jeffrey didn't already have enough traffic without even Stonegate and Cypress Village built out.

Redhill, Edinger, and Jamboree are already packed during traffic hours with zero structures built in Tustin Legacy.

test said:
As if Jeffrey didn't already have enough traffic without even Stonegate and Cypress Village built out.

we are already seeing 4ft side setback and 8ft rear setback in Cypress Village and Stonegate homes.
Does 1900 homes in 300 acres sound a lot? are we looking at attached garage "SFRs", California driveways (i.e. really short driveways to fit at most a Camry), zero lot lines, 3ft side setback and 5ft rear setback??

I expect to see soaring vaulted ceilings both downstairs and upstairs (at least that's what canyon creek has).. min 6000 sq ft lots, private access to Hicks canyon trail.. circular staircase entrance effect, full driveways (I'll be ok with 2 car garage :) )

ps9 said:
I expect to see soaring vaulted ceilings both downstairs and upstairs (at least that's what canyon creek has).. min 6000 sq ft lots, private access to Hicks canyon trail.. circular staircase entrance effect, full driveways (I'll be ok with 2 car garage :) )
Those homes will be priced over $1.5M. 

The Motor Court Company said:
we are already seeing 4ft side setback and 8ft rear setback in Cypress Village and Stonegate homes.
Does 1900 homes in 300 acres sound a lot? are we looking at attached garage "SFRs", California driveways (i.e. really short driveways to fit at most a Camry), zero lot lines, 3ft side setback and 5ft rear setback??

what is the point of 3ft side setbacks and 5 foot rear setbacks may was well do attached products.

i could go back to a two car garage, but only if it had a driveway. i would never buy anything with a two car garage and no driveway.

qwerty said:
The Motor Court Company said:

what is the point of 3ft side setbacks and 5 foot rear setbacks may was well do attached products.
The homebuilder gets away with charging you 15-20% more than they could for an attached  product.  :p

ps9 said:
Where do I sign?
I'm selling my stonegate home.

As a nearby resident, I am SO not looking forward to this.  I've already watched the orange groves and most strawberry fields disappear.  Seeing more strawberry fields (ones where I can smell the sweet strawberries when I go for walks) vanish makes me sad.  I really don't want to deal with more traffic, more houses, and more people.

The only bright spot is the possibility that the new development will help bring more tenants to the shopping center at the corner of Yale and Irvine Blvd. There are more vacant store fronts there than any other shopping center around.

kberry said:
As a nearby resident, I am SO not looking forward to this.  I've already watched the orange groves and most strawberry fields disappear.  Seeing more strawberry fields (ones where I can smell the sweet strawberries when I go for walks) vanish makes me sad.  I really don't want to deal with more traffic, more houses, and more people.

The only bright spot is the possibility that the new development will help bring more tenants to the shopping center at the corner of Yale and Irvine Blvd. There are more vacant store fronts there than any other shopping center around.

As someone looking to buy a townhome, I am SO looking forward to this.

However, if TIC ever calls me back and I'm able to buy a house in Stonegate, then I'd like to chance my tune and agree with you.

Irvine_Dreamer said:
ps9 said:
Where do I sign?
I'm selling my stonegate home.

I would like to buy said stonegate home.

1900 homes... average what 2 cars per home... that's 3800 cars for Jeffrey and Irvine Blvd... the old folks across the way in the motorhomes are gonna be pissed...

If I buy here.. I'm gonna plant all sorts of fruit trees...:)

Back