Cypress Village Homes

JasonTheArtist

Anyone have any idea when the models will open for Cypress Village? The entrance off of Sand Canyon looks complete and I've seen allot more construction activity these past few days.

Looks like these will be the first homes to be released. Is it me, or do these look like really squished together detached condos?

Attachments

• photo-14.JPG
    photo-14.JPG
    505.6 KB · Views: 815
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 774
I saw them too, but I didn't have enough time to try to run in really close.  There are 3 neighborhoods coming up, they're in another thread.  Go behind enemy lines and snap some pics!

By the time these open... they will be $2million.

That's the problem with Irvine, when it drops, it's not as much but when it rebounds... it overshoots.

Between Trabuco and the 5, that used to be a nice stretch of Sand Canyon to drive down. Now they've added a light for Cypress Village, and with all those residents packed in, it'll definitely slow down that drive.  :(

NYT said:
Between Trabuco and the 5, that used to be a nice stretch of Sand Canyon to drive down. Now they've added a light for Cypress Village, and with all those residents packed in, it'll definitely slow down that drive.  :(

no joke...i catch almost every light on sand canyon now...feels like going doing jamboree now...but with less lanes

Looking at the picture, and how its a cluster of 4 homes, this must be the layout for this tract.

23vewrb.jpg

I predict that after winning this variance, the California garage will go away in future devs.  Why?  Because they will just push the 20' garage to within 5' of the rear property line.  Add in the 5', 20', and however long the driveway is ~18' and you'll have ~43' between the back fence and the end of the driveway.  Not too shabby TIC, way to innovate. 

Imagine that with the 4.5' side setbacks?  They could go 15x20 on top of the garage too, assuming they can't build 2 stories 5' from the back fence.  10' instead. 

So they'd have 33' between the back door and the end of the driveway (which would be the property line) on the non-garage part of the structure. So for a 2-story box for this section, multiply by 66 to get the 2-story buildable right?

So on a lot of 43' by 59'  (2537 sqft), they'd have a possible house of 2,280 sqft...WITH a driveway! way to go!

shadax said:
I predict that after winning this variance, the California garage will go away in future devs.  Why?  Because they will just push the 20' garage to within 5' of the rear property line.  Add in the 5', 20', and however long the driveway is ~18' and you'll have ~43' between the back fence and the end of the driveway.  Not too shabby TIC, way to innovate. 

Imagine that with the 4.5' side setbacks?  They could go 15x20 on top of the garage too, assuming they can't build 2 stories 5' from the back fence.  10' instead. 

So they'd have 33' between the back door and the end of the driveway (which would be the property line) on the non-garage part of the structure. So for a 2-story box for this section, multiply by 66 to get the 2-story buildable right?

So on a lot of 43' by 59'  (2537 sqft), they'd have a possible house of 2,280 sqft...WITH a driveway! way to go!

This is not even counting if they go to to your 24x14 3rd story bonus/inlaw quarters.  I think that could be done without it being exactly on any of the exterior boundaries...and give you another 350 or so sqft.  That would give them their ~1 buildable sqft per 1 sqft of land...WITH a driveway.  Maybe that's what they're doing?  Look how tall the roof is in the middle.  Anybody see any windows up there? :)

shadax said:
shadax said:

This is not even counting if they go to to your 24x14 3rd story bonus/inlaw quarters.  I think that could be done without it being exactly on any of the exterior boundaries...and give you another 350 or so sqft.  That would give them their ~1 buildable sqft per 1 sqft of land...WITH a driveway.  Maybe that's what they're doing?  Look how tall the roof is in the middle.  Anybody see any windows up there? :)
Of course they are doing that, they see how much extra of a premium are willing to pay to have a full driveway for their detached/attached condo.  I think I've seen the premium be $30k-$40k and those lots sold FAST.

USCTrojanCPA said:
shadax said:
shadax said:

Of course they are doing that, they see how much extra of a premium are willing to pay to have a full driveway for their detached/attached condo.  I think I've seen the premium be $30k-$40k and those lots sold FAST.

I meant maybe they're doing that with the 3rd floor.  I know generally what they're doing.

I actually don't think you're giving up much theoretical "usable backyard space" in Mulberry since the lots are almost twice as wide as Mendocino.  There also appears to be about two spaces worth of parking along each lot.  Mendocino will not have anything even near that.  To be honest I think these are better than Mendocino.  I'll take a dogwash shower in the back and make it a small gym with shower. 

homer_simpson said:
See anything good IHO?
Well... these are definitely the California Garage homes (Magnolia and Mulberry), the smaller tract, Marigold, is similar to the largest detached motor court condos in Stonegate and LagAlt but some tweaked designs.

Seems like IP is listening to the customers... most of the homes have a walk-in pantry (very popular feature), upstairs laundry (I think only one in Marigold has a downstairs one) and they brought back the California Room.

The California Garage is a great feature if you ask me, since there is no room for 3CWGs or a full tandem space in Irvine anymore, this fits the bill. Additionally, they offer multiple configurations for it... a dedicated storage (Costco!), a gym, a tween or play room, an office... and my personal favorite... a dogwash complete with a shower.

I think for the middle tract, Magnolia, it will be interesting to see how they are set up with that 4-home cluster. It's probably going to be similar to Montecito with a 4-home motorcourt. I also think they should have added a loft space to Magnolia to make up for the lost space downstairs.

The Mulberry homes are weird... wide and shallow. Have to see what they look like inside but from the floor plans, it might be a bit strange on the first floor. There is loft space in the bigger Mulberry homes which is good... and different options to turn those lofts into bedrooms.

For the area (close to the freeway and dense), the prices seem a bit high, but it looks like they would rather be too high than low.

My favorite plans are Plan 2 or 3 in Mulberry but at $900k+... not what I would want to pay.

Some of these plans are an improvement over what we've seen the last 3 years from TIC... but at the cost of much less land and home footprint.

It looks like the CA garage protrudes 8' from the back of the home per their measuring tape widget.  If they got their setback of 5' as I'm sure they did, that would be 13' from the rest of the rear of the house to the back fence.  But since the lots are wide it will be 13' x 45' for a Plan 1...Not including the CA room.  That's comparable to Mendocino since their lots are only 45' wide for a Plan 1.  Yeah honestly given the better parking situation I can't really see any negatives compared to Mendocino. 

Plan 1 with 4th bedroom option, Super California Room, dogwash at CA garage...not too shabby.  The only thing I hate that I've seen so far is the MBR shares a partial wall with a secondary bedroom.

I don't know who designs the street layout, but I would think they would choose a layout that creates a higher number of "premium" lots and also provides some family type streets.

Current on the left, IHO-style on the right:

fumglh.jpg

Same space, same number of homes but in this configuration, you get 4 cul-de-sacs and 8 more lots that are "corner" lots. Wouldn't that be better?

And if you're worried about the Feng Shui T homes, you can add another cross street in the middle that would add 4 more corner lots (but I think you lose 2 homes).

Back