Author Topic: Cypress Village Homes  (Read 212716 times)

Offline JasonTheArtist

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 18
  • -Received: 34
Cypress Village Homes
« on: March 18, 2013, 12:30:40 PM »
Anyone have any idea when the models will open for Cypress Village? The entrance off of Sand Canyon looks complete and I've seen allot more construction activity these past few days.
“Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous."

Offline JasonTheArtist

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
Re: Cypress Village Homes
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 01:49:25 PM »
Looks like these will be the first homes to be released. Is it me, or do these look like really squished together detached condos?
“Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous."

Offline shadax

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 10
  • -Received: 39
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 02:04:52 PM »
I saw them too, but I didn't have enough time to try to run in really close.  There are 3 neighborhoods coming up, they're in another thread.  Go behind enemy lines and snap some pics!

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2654
  • -Received: 3995
  • 3CWG
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 02:12:26 PM »
By the time these open... they will be $2million.

That's the problem with Irvine, when it drops, it's not as much but when it rebounds... it overshoots.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline test

• Thanks
  • -Given: 8
  • -Received: 405
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 02:57:09 PM »
More sheeple led to the slaughter.

Offline NYT

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 85
  • -Received: 157
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 06:14:35 PM »
Between Trabuco and the 5, that used to be a nice stretch of Sand Canyon to drive down. Now they've added a light for Cypress Village, and with all those residents packed in, it'll definitely slow down that drive.  :(

Offline broda

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 78
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 08:17:17 PM »
Between Trabuco and the 5, that used to be a nice stretch of Sand Canyon to drive down. Now they've added a light for Cypress Village, and with all those residents packed in, it'll definitely slow down that drive.  :(

no joke...i catch almost every light on sand canyon now...feels like going doing jamboree now...but with less lanes

Offline JasonTheArtist

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 09:26:13 AM »
Looking at the picture, and how its a cluster of 4 homes, this must be the layout for this tract.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 09:40:10 AM »
California Garages for the win!!!
I recommend:

Offline shadax

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 01:13:11 PM »
I predict that after winning this variance, the California garage will go away in future devs.  Why?  Because they will just push the 20' garage to within 5' of the rear property line.  Add in the 5', 20', and however long the driveway is ~18' and you'll have ~43' between the back fence and the end of the driveway.  Not too shabby TIC, way to innovate. 

Imagine that with the 4.5' side setbacks?  They could go 15x20 on top of the garage too, assuming they can't build 2 stories 5' from the back fence.  10' instead. 

So they'd have 33' between the back door and the end of the driveway (which would be the property line) on the non-garage part of the structure. So for a 2-story box for this section, multiply by 66 to get the 2-story buildable right?

So on a lot of 43' by 59'  (2537 sqft), they'd have a possible house of 2,280 sqft...WITH a driveway! way to go!

Offline shadax

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 02:01:20 PM »
I predict that after winning this variance, the California garage will go away in future devs.  Why?  Because they will just push the 20' garage to within 5' of the rear property line.  Add in the 5', 20', and however long the driveway is ~18' and you'll have ~43' between the back fence and the end of the driveway.  Not too shabby TIC, way to innovate. 

Imagine that with the 4.5' side setbacks?  They could go 15x20 on top of the garage too, assuming they can't build 2 stories 5' from the back fence.  10' instead. 

So they'd have 33' between the back door and the end of the driveway (which would be the property line) on the non-garage part of the structure. So for a 2-story box for this section, multiply by 66 to get the 2-story buildable right?

So on a lot of 43' by 59'  (2537 sqft), they'd have a possible house of 2,280 sqft...WITH a driveway! way to go!

This is not even counting if they go to to your 24x14 3rd story bonus/inlaw quarters.  I think that could be done without it being exactly on any of the exterior boundaries...and give you another 350 or so sqft.  That would give them their ~1 buildable sqft per 1 sqft of land...WITH a driveway.  Maybe that's what they're doing?  Look how tall the roof is in the middle.  Anybody see any windows up there? :)

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2566
  • -Received: 2045
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 02:28:14 PM »

This is not even counting if they go to to your 24x14 3rd story bonus/inlaw quarters.  I think that could be done without it being exactly on any of the exterior boundaries...and give you another 350 or so sqft.  That would give them their ~1 buildable sqft per 1 sqft of land...WITH a driveway.  Maybe that's what they're doing?  Look how tall the roof is in the middle.  Anybody see any windows up there? :)
Of course they are doing that, they see how much extra of a premium are willing to pay to have a full driveway for their detached/attached condo.  I think I've seen the premium be $30k-$40k and those lots sold FAST.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!
Have license, will travel!

Offline shadax

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 02:33:20 PM »

Of course they are doing that, they see how much extra of a premium are willing to pay to have a full driveway for their detached/attached condo.  I think I've seen the premium be $30k-$40k and those lots sold FAST.

I meant maybe they're doing that with the 3rd floor.  I know generally what they're doing.

Offline shadax

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 08:44:31 AM »
I recommend:

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal