Lamber Ranch

ak

Does anyone have the current price list for homes at Lambert Ranch?  Are they almost all sold out?  Thanks in advance.

I don't have the price for the Hill nor the Grove, but I have the Field's. 

They just release phase 11 on March 2nd with 4 home for the Field.  Plane 3 was $1059800 to $1072800.  The plane 2 was $1013800.  The Plane 1 which located on a 7200 sq ft corner lot was 1030800.

They still have few phases to go however if you did not register before lase July, your chance of getting a home are almost impossible. 

During the phase 11 release, just for the Field alone, they were over 360 pre-qualified buyer sing up for these 4 homes.  It's so crazy.

I'm a little surprised they aren't already sold out given that they had the model opening back in April of last year.  They must be releasing one phase a month.

USCTrojanCPA said:
I'm a little surprised they aren't already sold out given that they had the model opening back in April of last year.  They must be releasing one phase a month.

Yup, they've been on a roughly one-phase-a-month schedule. I have no doubt that they could sell all they have right now, but I'm sure they want to release as construction goes along instead of falling way behind construction-wise.

Here's the phase announcements for Lambert Ranch:

Phase 7: 9/22/12
Phase 8: 10/22/12
Phase 9: 11/27/12
Phase 10: 1/21/13
Phase 11: 3/1/13

They also slowed down construction. To give you an idea, Phase 7 were originally suppose to complete in March but got moved out to May (apparently so they don't rush workmanship). From release to close you're talking almost 8 months which is tough for folks needing immediate housing.

Yes, a lot of those folks have been on the wait lists for a long time. Hill is almost all sold out, only the model/parking lot is left. Field and Grove still have homes but long wait lists. On each release they do get sold out pretty fast especially with the current low inventory. Grove and Hill are around $1.4M right now. Grove are larger, but Hill have better views. Some lots have views of the Pacific on a clear day, those were going for $1.6M (think they are all sold now).

Field is super competitive since it's the lowest price point. You'll have better luck going up-market like in the Grove price range where the competition is less if you want to get something.

It's been increasing about 2-3% per phase.

LR is similar to The Branches as there's no mello-roos, but I remember hearing The Branches is zero-lot setup where LR is true SFR. $/Sqft get more bang for the buck @LR (just need to get on the waitlist or hope someone falls out). Then again at The Branches you get walking distance to the lake w/ ducks! :)

But yes, I'm amazed The Branches are going for $1M+ (and already 1st phase pre-sold!).

Happy hunting!

NYT said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Yup, they've been on a roughly one-phase-a-month schedule. I have no doubt that they could sell all they have right now, but I'm sure they want to release as construction goes along instead of falling way behind construction-wise.

Pre-sold doesn't mean anything.  I bet by fall the majority of buyers will bail and the builder will be left holding a bunch of built lots they get can't offload resulting in massive panic price cuts.

test said:
Pre-sold doesn't mean anything.  I bet by fall the majority of buyers will bail and the builder will be left holding a bunch of built lots they get can't offload resulting in massive panic price cuts.
Not in this market.

test said:

Very doubtful about panic price cuts unless there is a major upswing in inventory or drop off in demand. IMHO, LR will continue to sell well in this market.

test said:

At least for LR, when the lot is marked SOLD, the purchase agreement is signed which includes a non-refundable deposit of $30K. So think most buyers are pretty serious if they get to that point.

Plus over 20% of LR are all-cash, so the risk of falling out (due to financing) is also low.

If there were a lot of other alternatives I imagine maybe, but with inventory so low and other similar construction at least 6mo out if you get on the list now so demand will still be high and most likely LR will get completely sold out.

test said:

I'm not sure how anything here makes sense. A house is marked "reserved" on the board at LR when a buyer has confirmed an intent to buy. It's "sold" once the potential buyer has signed a contract agreeing to buy and placed a $30,000 nonrefundable fee. I think that when someone plops down $30,000, they're pretty serious and aren't going to bail. Go to the boards at LR and you might (and I emphasize might) find a single home from the most recent release that hasn't been "sold" yet, and they have plenty of potential buyers to go through if that "reserved" purchaser happens to back out.

Trolls on this board have been naysaying LR from the beginning. I have no problem with people pointing out real potential problems as they consider purchasing a home in LR or anywhere else. But some people are just pulling crap out of their ass and need to be called out on it.

PenguinOrange said:
test said:

At least for LR, when the lot is marked SOLD, the purchase agreement is signed which includes a non-refundable deposit of $30K. So think most buyers are pretty serious if they get to that point.

Plus over 20% of LR are all-cash, so the risk of falling out (due to financing) is also low.

If there were a lot of other alternatives I imagine maybe, but with inventory so low and other similar construction at least 6mo out if you get on the list now so demand will still be high and most likely LR will get completely sold out.

Agree.  Especially all-cash purchase's non-refundable deposit is $150k if the fund for home purchase is not already in U.S bank or not verifiable.

i just went to The Hills today. plan 2 and 3 are $1.5m and $1.6m, they increased $400k since the debuted. pretty crazy

qwerty said:
ps9 said:
First Lambert Ranch on MLS.. get it while you can.. nice street name..  If you're last name is Brown, it's gonna be confusing..
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/91-Parson-Brown-92618/home/45375449

So is this being sold by the new home company?  It must be since it has not been built and won't be ready until August. I'm surprised they could not find a buyer from their waitlist
Yup, being sold by the builder.  The home is over $1.5m...the buyer pool gets really thin when you get that high in price (even in Irvine).

I see this kind of thing sometimes.  Is this akin to a builder market testing their home?  Perhaps they think their price sheet is too low and they need to find the true value.

zubs said:
I see this kind of thing sometimes.  Is this akin to a builder market testing their home?  Perhaps they think their price sheet is too low and they need to find the true value.

Usually the opposite is true. If a builder places a home on the MLS they are getting desperate to find a buyer. They would rather take a hit on commission and fees rather than see their inventory sit unsold.

I'm surprised TNHMC can't sell it to someone on their wait list. But at $1.5M, USC is probably right and the wait list is too short. Advertising on MLS will open it up to the wonderful world of FCBs.

iacrenter said:
zubs said:

Usually the opposite is true. If a builder places a home on the MLS they are getting desperate to find a buyer. They would rather take a hit on commission and fees rather than see their inventory sit unsold.

I'm surprised TNHMC can't sell it to someone on their wait list. But at $1.5M, USC is probably right and the wait list is too short. Advertising on MLS will open it up to the wonderful world of FCBs.

This home wasn't part of their final phase release so maybe they had a buyer who cancelled.  MLS will get it sold a lot faster esp since they're not doing any more phase releases.

USCTrojanCPA said:
qwerty said:
ps9 said:
First Lambert Ranch on MLS.. get it while you can.. nice street name..  If you're last name is Brown, it's gonna be confusing..
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/91-Parson-Brown-92618/home/45375449

So is this being sold by the new home company?  It must be since it has not been built and won't be ready until August. I'm surprised they could not find a buyer from their waitlist
Yup, being sold by the builder.  The home is over $1.5m...the buyer pool gets really thin when you get that high in price (even in Irvine).

This Hill plan 3 home was release for sale on January 26 (phase 10).  I believe it was initially sold with some one place deposit on it then later back out the deal.  The buyer probably just realize when you open your front door, first thing you see is the cell tower just right up the small hill across the street.  However, you do get an awesome cell phone reception at this site.

Back