30 Day Fitness Challenge

homer_simpson

Hello Fellow Talk Irvine People!

Does anyone want to do a 30 Day Fitness Challenge?

You do not have to share your Age, Height, Weight, Sex or Bank Account Statement.  There is no prize...well... the prize is a "Healthier" you! :D  If people really wanted a prize, I can get a gift card or something...

The challenge will begin on March 1st 2013.

1) Setup your own goals... whether it's to lose a pound or two in March.
2) Track the food you eat on your Smart phone or online.
3) Track the exercise you do on your Smart phone or online.
4) Share Tips on eating healthy or exercises.
5) Have Fun!

Let me know who's interested and if you have ever used "MyFitnessPal".. It's a free program where you can track what you ate and exercises done. 

homer_simpson said:
Hello Fellow Talk Irvine People!

Does anyone want to do a 30 Day Fitness Challenge?

You do not have to share your Age, Height, Weight, Sex or Bank Account Statement.  There is no prize...well... the prize is a "Healthier" you! :D  If people really wanted a prize, I can get a gift card or something...

The challenge will begin on March 1st 2013.

1) Setup your own goals... whether it's to lose a pound or two in March.
2) Track the food you eat on your Smart phone or online.
3) Track the exercise you do on your Smart phone or online.
4) Share Tips on eating healthy or exercises.
5) Have Fun!

Let me know who's interested and if you have ever used "MyFitnessPal".. It's a free program where you can track what you ate and exercises done.

I'm in.  I use MyFitnessPal.  Sounds like fun.

Count me in. I am getting into the habit of using MFP regularly.
30 day fitness challenge- I think I will do Jillian's 30 day shread or start jogging. Weight loss doesn't matter at this point...I have to up my fitness level.

Yes. Yes. And Yes.

I saw myself naked in a 3-way mirror last week. If any of you are lacking in motivation, I highly recommend doing this.

I've dropped 5 lbs. since. It's a start. Sign me up.

SoCal said:
Yes. Yes. And Yes.

I saw myself naked in a 3-way mirror last week. If any of you are lacking in motivation, I highly recommend doing this.

:-*

SoCal said:
Yes. Yes. And Yes.

:) And you are paying for my new keyboard! (Homer's too, though one of us spilled coffee and the other drooled all over)
No vacation weight?

If you guys log into the MyFitnessPal website and sign up... look for the Group "Talk Irvine".  I will be moderating it... we can motivate each other and post progression items

Let's all be healthy and fit together  :D

homer_simpson said:
If you guys log into the MyFitnessPal website and sign up... look for the Group "Talk Irvine".  I will be moderating it... we can motivate each other and post progression items

Let's all be healthy and fit together  :D

I just signed up. How do we find the group?

Updates anyone? I've taken a more drastic step to make changes.

I decided it was time to talk to Mr. SoCal about dinners. I was nervous to bring it up!! If you could imagine an over-grown 2 year old who likes to eat mac & cheese and winces at veggies, that's pretty much him. Never mind the thought of dieting. Although, over the years I've managed to get him to like others things. For ex: I have to shred his carrots for him and mix it in something like a slaw otherwise a carrot won't touch his lips. He loves it this way, though. Also, he's always raving about what good dinners I make him. He tells me he doesn't enjoy restaurants like he used to since the food at home is better. I should be complimented but it actually makes me feel worried. What happens if I take that away from him. Is he going to be really disappointed? Is he still going to love me?  ??? I want to be a good wife. What if I can't do the things he likes?

I told him I need to make a more concerted effort at dinner otherwise it will sabotage everything I've done the rest of the day. I miss the thinner me. I had a few sample menus prepared so he could have an idea of what it would be like. I suggested ways we could make his favorite things as a side dish instead of the entree. I could still make his desserts and he could have them all to himself. I was really surprised that he agreed to the change! He thinks it couldn't hurt for him to drop a few as well. I told him I was scared he'll stop coming home from work if I stop cooking what he wants.  :) He said if he starts hating the food, he'll be dining out at lunch. Well, I hope it doesn't come down to that but I really don't think he'll hate the food at all.

I did my big grocery trip yesterday. Aside from those Chicken & Waffle chips, everything was geared towards my new plan. We'll see how it goes. The change in dinner has got to have an impact. Let's hope I'm still married at the end of the 30 days.  :)

Marge and I are going to be on a Fat Shredder routine. 

We'll be eating the same meals starting March 1st.

I'll be targeting around 2500 Calories for this cycle, trying to lean up.  My workout routines will be more weight lifting and cardio every other day.  My friends are trying to get me into CrossFit with them... but it's so so so expensive!

Socal.. try eating smaller portions throughout the day.  I break my meals up and eat about 6-7 times throughout the day. 

I have a generous sized breakfast at 8.  Snack at 9:30, lunch at 11, lunch 2 at 1:30, lunch 3 at 2:45, snack at 4, dinner at 5:30 or 6..

I never feel hungry, I feel more energetic and this way I can manage what I eat.

homer_simpson said:
Socal.. try eating smaller portions throughout the day.  I break my meals up and eat about 6-7 times throughout the day. 

I have a generous sized breakfast at 8.  Snack at 9:30, lunch at 11, lunch 2 at 1:30, lunch 3 at 2:45, snack at 4, dinner at 5:30 or 6..

I never feel hungry, I feel more energetic and this way I can manage what I eat.

nice.. between eating and posting on TI..that's pretty much your whole work day..:) jealous

ps9 said:
homer_simpson said:

nice.. between eating and posting on TI..that's pretty much your whole work day..:) jealous

My thoughts exactly :p But I like the way Homer takes care of his body.
Mr. CZ does interval fitness and diet. Not as in interval training.. if starts eating well, he exercises well, and before you know it the man is showing of his muscles.. and then one of those nights I decide on food pron and he gets derailed. Same goes with me also.. Four of the abs were out and before the other two popped out, I started packing protection for the four.

Homer, don't remember if I mentioned on this thread, but here is my plan. Dealing with flu right now, but as soon as I get well (which will be by March 1st I guess), I want to give this a try:
http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Micha...ges-amazon.com/images/I/51QlqI3yaOL.jpg[/IMG]

I don't think anyone can lose 20 lbs in 30 days, but I want to tone up. Last year, I tried, but didn't have to energy on day 3- left it there. This time hoping to survive.

Thanks SoCal..
BTW, since this is a 30-day challenge, I would love to see IR/ IHO/ Qwerty/ USC and others to join in too.. I have a feeling that it's only me, SoCal and Homer on these fitness threads barring Starlight's guest appearance.

Back