Cambria @ Stonegate Grand Opening on Jan. 26th

usctrojancpa

I just got an email with that Irvine Pacific (TIC) will be having their grand opening for their new Cambria attached townhome development on Saturday, Jan. 26th starting at 10am.  Of course TIC has cut the freebies down to hopscotch activities for the kids and hot chocolate with a toppings bar from 10am to 3pm.  :mad:  ::)  >:D  Pricing starts in the low $500s for a 1,500sf attached townhome.  ???  ???  ???  TIC had the copier working overtime as the floor plans look like the attached version of the San Mateo floor plans but slightly cheaper.  I don't think this development will have the success that San Mateo had as most buyers are looking for detached homes even at the 500k-600k range.  :-\

IP timed cambria release very carefully to natively drive the sales. San Mateo II is almost sold out ( may be just 1 more phase left) and with the crazy price increases recently , it's  Lowest model is ~600k already . I foresee San Mateo III starting atleast in the low to mid 600's  and IP will hold the release for a few months for cambria to pickup.

All these factors will drive sales of cambria ( mostly model 2 & 3) for ppl who are looking to buy now & buy new in the 500k range.

Found it interesting that HOA for cambria seems to be set at $110 where other attached condos next to cambria ( Santa Maria and Santa Clara) are much higher.

vikas420 said:
IP timed cambria release very carefully to natively drive the sales. San Mateo II is almost sold out ( may be just 1 more phase left) and with the crazy price increases recently , it's  Lowest model is ~600k already . I foresee San Mateo III starting atleast in the low to mid 600's  and IP will hold the release for a few months for cambria to pickup.

All these factors will drive sales of cambria ( mostly model 2 & 3) for ppl who are looking to buy now & buy new in the 500k range.

Found it interesting that HOA for cambria seems to be set at $110 where other attached condos next to cambria ( Santa Maria and Santa Clara) are much higher.
Spot on, they'll see if they can sell as many of these before they release SM 3.  Makes no sense that the HOA will be $110 for an attached condo, it's gotta be an error.  My guess is that the HOA will be closer to what they charge at Santa Maria. 

They copied this model from Lexus.  You got into the Lexus dealership looking for a RX, ES, or GS.  Then realize that it's all out of your price range.  Instead of walking out empty handed, you are sold an IS.

San Mateo is selling like hotcakes.  Do you know what that means?  It means that we are pricing our homes too low.  That's the message from the sales office.

So they raise the price on San Mateo, you see the sticker price shock.  Instead of walking away empty handed, you are given a Cambria brochure.

I am prequalified for San Mateo, Santa Maria, and now Cambria so I am going to check out the models on appointment Tuesday.

The $110 was a mistake, I saw it when they first came out, and the website now reads $110 for buildout, $176 for neighborhood. I was disappointed when I saw this.

As the above comment suggests, its pretty much like that.  I also cannot get San Mateo since I am looking at Phase 2-3 only (prob the most popular ones, but am probably too high on the interest list.  I was offered Phase 1 by voicemail (@ 590K nonetheless-quite high), but by the time I called back several hours later, it was gone.  It is selling like hot cakes.

I've been looking at the Irvine housing since Feb, and just am tired of looking so Cambria seemed like a good option for me since I need to move out of my current place and stop paying rent.. with inventories so low, it might take the whole year (+1) to get back to normal

@Leij,
  I think what you mean is San Mateo plan 2 & plan 3, not phase 2 &3.
I heard that San Mateo III will be available soon. Maybe you can wait for that.

SM III location and Cambria "extension"http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,3339.0.html

I think San Mateo III's location is much better than II. It is bordered by JOST and HOA park and further away from 133/Sand Canyon. The lot looks smaller than II but location difference is more than enough to make it up. So you don't miss out much on II unless they jack the price up even more.

irvine123searching said:
@Leij,
  I think want you mean is San Mateo plan 2 & plan 3, not phase 2 &3.

irvine123searching said:
@Leij,
  I think what you mean is San Mateo plan 2 & plan 3, not phase 2 &3.

you're right i meant plan 2/3. but yea i heard they have one more phase planned out but im not really sure where i am on the interest list. plan 2/3 prices are also getting kind of jacked sky high too, but cambria is also pretty high

HOA difference between attached and detached condos is about $200 per month. With today's interest rate it is about $40~$50k difference in the base price. So I expect the monthly mortgage + HOA + mello-roos + property tax payment for Cambria plan 3 will be about the same as San Mateo plan 1. So the buyer has to choose either attached with bigger interior sqft and alley way garage setup, vs. detached, smaller sqft and motor court.

The Motor Court Company said:
HOA difference between attached and detached condos is about $200 per month. With today's interest rate it is about $40~$50k difference in the base price. So I expect the monthly mortgage + HOA + mello-roos + property tax payment for Cambria plan 3 will be about the same as San Mateo plan 1. So the buyer has to choose either attached with bigger interior sqft and alley way garage setup, vs. detached, smaller sqft and motor court.

Thanks for that I was just wondering what that hoa might equal in housing equity.. Pretty high. Cambria 3 starts at high 500s and they don't have pricing yet. It might be the same as San Mateo 1 actually.

I checked the floor plan and for the walls of plan 1/2 the only attached part is the entrance. For plan 3 the entire wall is attached. Overalls it feels very much like San Mateo. Could hardly tell the difference. I would suggest check it out on the public release jan 26.

As for the sq ft, they cut a few areas between the san Mateo variants. Namely the great room, bathrooms, and master closets at slightly smaller but not really a deal breaker. All bedroom space is the same.

LAtoOC said:
Another key thing to remember is that HoAs only go up, so if you are starting out higher...

Actually, my HOA went down last year by $12 (8 year old community).  If a HOA is run properly, the dues should really not be increasing.  However, since it's only a volunteer position, you can imagine who is on the board and making decisions. 

I thought you were kidding about the hopscotch and the hot chocolate.  How cheap!  I was hoping for a free cookie and soda so I can offer them to my guests when they visit me.  Hopefully, the hot chocolate doesn't back fire and end up on their nice staged town homes.  >:D

Just visit the model in reverse order so you don't see the same annoying kid in each model (not all kids are bad).

I don't know if it's worth my time to walk over here.  I would love to point all the shoddy workmanship to the sales team but I will probably run into Tony who will give me the evil eye.

lilgophee said:
I thought you were kidding about the hopscotch and the hot chocolate.  How cheap!  I was hoping for a free cookie and soda so I can offer them to my guests when they visit me.  Hopefully, the hot chocolate doesn't back fire and end up on their nice staged town homes.  >:D

Just visit the model in reverse order so you don't see the same annoying kid in each model (not all kids are bad).

I don't know if it's worth my time to walk over here.  I would love to point all the shoddy workmanship to the sales team but I will probably run into Tony who will give me the evil eye.
Or what would be funny is that next weekend is even warmer than this weekend because who the heck would want to drink hot chocolate when it's over 80+ outside.  haha

for TIC lurkers reading this, it is not too late to change to shaved ice!

USCTrojanCPA said:
lilgophee said:

Or what would be funny is that next weekend is even warmer than this weekend because who the heck would want to drink hot chocolate when it's over 80+ outside.  haha

I thought it was 8 for Residence 1, 44 for 2R and 44 for Plan 3.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  I visited them last week and I believe these were the numbers but not positive.  BTW, what happens after you pre-qualify?  I was told you get on the preferred waiting list and you wait for them to call you to see if you want to buy a home.  I was told you get 24 hours to decide whether or not you want a home and then they go down the list to the next number...sorry, person.

When I went to visit Cambria and the others, I felt the representatives felt they were doing me a favor, when I am the customer.  Some were a little snooty. 
Only in Irvine!  :)

none said:
When I went to visit Cambria and the others, I felt the representatives felt they were doing me a favor, when I am the customer.  Some were a little snooty. 
Only in Irvine!  :)

Sounds like 2005/2006 all over again.  I experienced the same thing back then and even witnessed a lady retaliate against the sales agent when she told her to fill out a bunch of paperwork to get qualified before the agent would provide more info on the property.  The potential home owner swatted everything around the table to the floor and was screaming and yelling.  After storming out, she took all the trash from her car, came back and threw all the trash in the sales office.  Quite a scene.   

Back