[IHB] Campaniles of Northpark Square

Question to TIers : When you list your property, do you go through the information your agent put on MLS and double check it? Do you suggest changes? Or do you let them do their job, however they are doing it?

You pay them, they work for u. If u got a good agent like USC you will probably have less comments to make to the agent. But if u are not happy you should talk to them to have them do what u want

The last time we sold our home, we provided the pictures AND the description... so ghetto... but now we have IR2 so we won't have to worry about that.

A suggestion: I'd recommend requesting a copy of the full MLS sheet, including the agent notes when selling/leasing your home. 
Often there is an oversight or misspelling that helps get picked up by having another set of eyes on it.
Occasionally the offering price or terms are different than expected, as well ("What? We're including the washer/dryer/fridge as well? No, we wanted to keep those!")
Sometimes the description and info look great to John Q. Public, but on the agent notes it screams, "SELLER IS DESPERATE AND WILL TAKE ANY OFFER!!!!!"

On the flip side: to protect myself with clients that I'm not quite sure about, I've had them sign a copy of the MLS printout. This helps to ensure that they don't come back later and claim that the terms are different than they'd approved. Nobody likes surprises in Real Estate.  :p

-IrvineRealtor

irvinehomeowner said:
The last time we sold our home, we provided the pictures AND the description... so ghetto... but now we have IR2 so we won't have to worry about that.

You listed your house? :) Good luck!
When we sold, I was kind of ghetto too- went over the listing description, picked the pictures I wanted on the MLS and all that.. in the Kool Aid market.

IR2- missed a chance to say hello to you yesterday! I was headed out when I saw the open house sign, and when I returned it was done.

As was mentioned before, the agent should be the one that writes the description and takes care of the pictures/images/virtual tours.  I send over the full MLS listing to the seller for their review and approval of the listing before I change the status to Active.  Sometimes they have changes/revisions and sometimes they don't, a good agent listens to their clients.

Cubic Zirconia said:
irvinehomeowner said:

When we sold, I was kind of ghetto too- went over the listing description, picked the pictures I wanted on the MLS and all that.. in the Kool Aid market.

IR2- missed a chance to say hello to you yesterday! I was headed out when I saw the open house sign, and when I returned it was done.

Sorry, you missed out.  IHO, IndieDev, IHS, and zovall were all there. We were getting cooking lessons from momo.  ;-p

IrvineRealtor said:
Cubic Zirconia said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Sorry, you missed out.  IHO, IndieDev, IHS, and zovall were all there. We were getting cooking lessons from momo.  ;-p

Oh No - I missed out big time.. Or may be not..since Homer is not on the list.. MEH..:p
(Homer, one more Korean on the block!  Other than my neighbor, I have a hard time telling the rest apart- I will just be friendly to everyone I guess..)

Back