Portola Springs new home sites

test

m77xfq.jpg

rcivlf.jpg

ckluf.jpg

I'm still curious about what retail will be going into "Potential Retail Center" in pink, ie hoping for a Target, a 24-Hour Fitness... Curious, also, about the word "potential". Does that mean proposed, as in "should happen"? Or does it mean possible, as in "we're still not really sure what the hell we're going to put there"?

Hey CalPac is back... so looks like all motorcourt/townhome products except for the TM homes. 

lambert-sitemap.jpg

Here's Lambert Ranch to fit in the puzzle

The CalPac homes seem awfully close to the Grove

NYT said:
I'm still curious about what retail will be going into "Potential Retail Center" in pink, ie hoping for a Target, a 24-Hour Fitness... Curious, also, about the word "potential". Does that mean proposed, as in "should happen"? Or does it mean possible, as in "we're still not really sure what the hell we're going to put there"?

I'm not sure if it makes sense for a Target since the Foothill Ranch Target (and Walmart) are close by way of the toll road. And in the future, Portola Parkway will be connected to Foothill Ranch.  And don't forget the Target (and new Walmart) at the Irvine Spectrum. There will also be retail in the Great Park development as well as at the southeast corner of Sand Canyon and Trabuco.

Also, wasn't the elementary school previously planned for the northeast area (Enclave 4)?

That shopping center in portola will never be built - crappy location. They will just put more homes there. The Woodbury town center is less than half a mile away.

Vinster said:
I'm not sure if it makes sense for a Target since the Foothill Ranch Target (and Walmart) are close by way of the toll road. And in the future, Portola Parkway will be connected to Foothill Ranch.  And don't forget the Target (and new Walmart) at the Irvine Spectrum. There will also be retail in the Great Park development as well as at the southeast corner of Sand Canyon and Irvine Blvd.

Re future extension of Portola Parkway... it certainly seems that this should occur, but I can't find information anywhere about a proposed timetable for this. Hopping on the Toll Road on a regular basis just to get across that gap in Portola Parkway is a big waste of money, but because the access is indeed there, there doesn't seem to be any significant need to complete this gap in Portola. So, yes, while Target (and other retailers) are close by as the crow flies, for those not wanting to pay a toll just to go a mile to their local retailer, it's actually farther than that.

Ha! I agree with you, Qwerty. It'll never come.

I used to live in that corner-most apartment, ground floor, right on that intersection of Portola Pkwy & Portola Springs Rd. I stared at the "Future Retail Center - Coming Soon" sign out my bedroom window for 3 years. Never saw anything come and go except weeds and myself. The sign will outlive us all.

SoCal said:
Ha! I agree with you, Qwerty. It'll never come.

I used to live in that corner-most apartment, ground floor, right on that intersection of Portola Pkwy & Portola Springs Rd. I stared at the "Future Retail Center - Coming Soon" sign out my bedroom window for 3 years. Never saw anything come and go except weeds and myself. The sign will outlive us all.
It'll come eventually but only after a lot more homes are built (including the Great Park homes north of Irvine Blvd). 

Vinster said:
NYT said:

I'm not sure if it makes sense for a Target since the Foothill Ranch Target (and Walmart) are close by way of the toll road. And in the future, Portola Parkway will be connected to Foothill Ranch.  And don't forget the Target (and new Walmart) at the Irvine Spectrum. There will also be retail in the Great Park development as well as at the southeast corner of Sand Canyon and Trabuco.

Also, wasn't the elementary school previously planned for the northeast area (Enclave 4)?

You can never have too many Targets...keep in mind there are two Target stores separated by a total of 3 traffic lights and not much more than 1 mile on Barranca (Crossroads and District) and both manage to have plenty of business. 

I just love the BS justifications for 5 foot setbacks by TIC.

"Alternative setback standards are a way of recognizing that housing developments do
not always need to adhere to age-old setback standards in order to provide safe, quality
neighborhoods. Housing styles and needs have changed over the years and will
continue to evolve; alternative setback standards are a way for the City to recognize
and foster this evolution of housing provided it retains the quality of neighborhood
development expected of Irvine."
Pg 10http://www.irvinequickrecords.com/S...odaqc55jkyqap2v/1380665512042012101400655.PDF

Why don't they tell the truth? Just write "We are TIC, the RE juggernaut and you (City of Irvine) will acquiesce to our demands! We are maximizing profits by squeezing as many homes as possible into minimum acreage at the expense of privacy and community aesthetics."

The larger homes by TM may have some view lots given their elevation but the location brings it very close to the Toll Road.

iacrenter said:
I just love the BS justifications for 5 foot setbacks by TIC.

"Alternative setback standards are a way of recognizing that housing developments do
not always need to adhere to age-old setback standards in order to provide safe, quality
neighborhoods. Housing styles and needs have changed over the years and will
continue to evolve; alternative setback standards are a way for the City to recognize
and foster this evolution of housing provided it retains the quality of neighborhood
development expected of Irvine."
Pg 10http://www.irvinequickrecords.com/S...odaqc55jkyqap2v/1380665512042012101400655.PDF

Why don't they tell the truth? Just write "We are TIC, the RE juggernaut and you (City of Irvine) will acquiesce to our demands! We are maximizing profits by squeezing as many homes as possible into minimum acreage at the expense of privacy and community aesthetics."

Counterpoint : If you were in charge of design, and hoi polloi were buying everything up as quickly as it has been built, would you change this strategy?

Seems to me it would be a big risk with low probability of reward. Anyone who would try that would be more likely to find a pink slip than a bonus check.

Just my .02c
-IR2

IrvineRealtor said:
Counterpoint : If you were in charge of design, and hoi polloi were buying everything up as quickly as it has been built, would you change this strategy?

Seems to me it would be a big risk with low probability of reward. Anyone who would try that would be more likely to find a pink slip than a bonus check.

Just my .02c
-IR2

You are right--given the current market conditions and lack of real competition in Irvine (i.e. low resale inventory) TIC has no incentive to build better products. That is the problem with any monopoly, you eat whatever is served...good or bad. Consumers lose in the end when there is a lack of competition--paying higher prices and having less choices.

Consumers lose when they settle for something less than what they want, for a price higher than they're willing to pay.

There are a number of other choices out there. Other builders, resale homes, rentals, surrounding areas, and the option to leave the area entirely.  I've seen a lot of that lately with many businesses closing up shop and relocating to friendlier business environments.

-IR2

I can't seem to open the links with the PS docs.  Are they still working or did the MAN shut them down?

The William Lyon Homes development is Agave.

agave.jpg

Four attached floorplan designs
Approximately 1,355 to 1,810 square feet
2 to 3 bedrooms, 2 to 3 bathrooms
2-car garages
Spanish style elevations
96 homes

Back