No TWC or Verizon Fios in Irvine

jyeh74

We live in Northwood across from Woodbury and there is no Time WarnerCable or Verizon.  Verizon is doing a sweet deal for $79.99/month for internet (15mb/sec) + tv +phone for the first year.  But I dont think they service Irvine.

Cox raising their price on me every 6 months.  But there is no other service provider except ATT.  I called ATT and they said U Verse does not service my area for the faster internet.  I guess thats cause I live in an older part of Northwood that doesn't have fiber optic set up.

Does anyone get screwed on prices by Cox?  Thinking of Direct TV for the TV portion to save some $.

bones said:
Unfortunately, I think everyone gets screwed by Cox.  My prices go up every 6 months or so too.  I just call and ask them if they are running any deals to lower my bill.  They put me on hold for 1 min and every time, comes back with a "special" that takes $40-60 off my bill for 6 months.  I used to say I'm thinking about switching to U-verse and how they're offering me XYZ.  But I don't even bother with a story anymore.  It's kind of annoying to have to call 2x a year, but worth the 5 min phone call for the "savings".

thank the lakers for the price increase. then thank the dodgers for the one after that. 

@jyeh

Did you punch in your address for Uverse?  When I first checked my address it shows no coverage but when I punched in my neighbors address next door it did show coverage, I submitted my address for review and end up being successful, worth a shot

irvinehomeowner said:
I will probably switch to Dish/Direct if I ever move... but keep Cox for Internet/Phone.

i actually think im going to switch back to cox - currently use them for internet/phone. now they offer home security systems - which we were looking to get through protection one or someone like that, so one bill we can just knock all that stuff out.

ps9 said:
@jyeh

Did you punch in your address for Uverse?  When I first checked my address it shows no coverage but when I punched in my neighbors address next door it did show coverage, I submitted my address for review and end up being successful, worth a shot

I called ATT and gave them my address but they said fiber optic is not available in my area for some reason.  They only offer 3mb/sec internet through ATT DSL.

bones said:
Unfortunately, I think everyone gets screwed by Cox.  My prices go up every 6 months or so too.  I just call and ask them if they are running any deals to lower my bill.  They put me on hold for 1 min and every time, comes back with a "special" that takes $40-60 off my bill for 6 months.  I used to say I'm thinking about switching to U-verse and how they're offering me XYZ.  But I don't even bother with a story anymore.  It's kind of annoying to have to call 2x a year, but worth the 5 min phone call for the "savings".

I used to tell them that and they would try to lower the price a bit, although its always higher than the last 6 months.  Now, they just tell me that its the best one available.  I think its cause they pretty much service the entire area around here.

jyeh74 said:
How long you been with Cox?  I tried with 3 different reps = same answer.

Start your call with, "Please transfer me to the loyalty department".  I always get good results that way.

Back