AAA home owner's insurance

Irvine_Dreamer

Last weekend, I stopped by at a local AAA office to ask about home owner's insurance, since I already have an auto insurance with them.
To my surprise, they told me that they don't deal with detached condo.
Not that it matters to me, since I bought a SFR.
Anyhow, $67 a month for Maricopa, if anyone wants to know.

Are you sure that they do not deal with detached condo? They said they do last time when I asked for it. And I specific mentioned that my new home is a detached condo. But i still haven't purchased it yet. As my house will not close until next year. Which aaa office did you go?

irvine123searching said:
Are you sure that they do not deal with detached condo? They said they do last time when I asked for it. And I specific mentioned that my new home is a detached condo. But i still haven't purchased it yet. As my house will not close until next year. Which aaa office did you go?

I confirm Irvine_Dreamer's post. We tried to use AAA to insure our new detached condo last year. Their representative said it is against their policy to insure a detached condo because of the higher risk. Yet, they insure attached condos which have a high risk as well. I suppose it is because the homeowners insurance for attached condos only covers everything from paint inward (someone call me out if i am wrong).

ANYWAY, irvine123searching, I would double check and make sure AAA will insure your detached condo. You wouldnt want escrow to be held up because of a last minute holdup..

if i remember correctly, my insurance broker told me homeowners insurance is HO3 (covers structure) and condo insurance is HO6 (doesnt cover structure)... therefore, for detached condos where HOA does not cover your structure, you will need to buy HO3... there is no such thing as a specific insurance "type" for detached condos... you need to buy regular homeowners insurance (HO3) for detached condos...

if anybody can prove me wrong, then my insurance broker is a noob and I'm going to stop using him...

Back