[IHB] A Review of the Saratoga Tract at Stonegate

bones said:
A friend lives in this tract and I went over for the first time last month and it's worse than your standard 4 or 6 deep motorcourt.  Way worse

is your friend Irvinecommuter?

Is this because of the difficulties for line of credit and escrow? we were considering Saratoga months ago but decided to withdraw before contracting.

Saratoga sales are weaker now probably due to more choices are available in the market.  You got a good selection of homes from both Cypress Village and Pavillion Park to compete from.  Not only these neighborhood provide home with similar price and square footage, some are not motor court homes, they are SFR with drive ways.

lnc said:
Saratoga sales are weaker now probably due to more choices are available in the market.  You got a good selection of homes from both Cypress Village and Pavillion Park to compete from.  Not only these neighborhood provide home with similar price and square footage, some are not motor court homes, they are SFR with drive ways.

Saratoga is way overpriced now...Plan 1 started at $665K and Plan 2X was at $700K.  Plan 1 are around $780K and 2X are about $850,000...that's way too high for a motorcourt home.

bones said:
OpenSky said:
Like with Mendocino, I am pretty neutral about the entire Saratoga community.

The review should be updated to show a view of these homes from the end of the alley, with each identical home stacked next to one another.

Saratoga has ZERO curb appeal. These are non-descript, quasi-alley loaded homes with no obvious nor distinctive front or back. One typical advantage to alley-loading is it puts the ugliness of the garage in the back of the home, making the fronts a bit more pedestrian. There is no traditional "front" on these, as your courtyard entrance (on all but the 2X) is walled from view. Saratoga is the epitome of beige conformity that Irvine is notorious for, inexplicably taking it to a whole new level.

I would have to agree with OpenSky.  A friend lives in this tract and I went over for the first time last month and it's worse than your standard 4 or 6 deep motorcourt.  Way worse

Couldn't agree more.  At first I thought these weren't motor court homes since street looped around back to the main street. Then I drove through the homes that were built and it was like driving through the back alleys in woodbury sans the nice front street scape on the other side. 

irvinehomeshopper said:
The Chinese are still hungry enough. Despite of how bad these homes as you described them they will still buy them.

Personally, I really like the Saratoga plan.  The curb appeal is a little meh but I don't really find it to be that much different than most of the other plans that are out there...even those in Woodbury.  The interior plan is very open and that is what matters to me most. 

It's just way overpriced now.

Back