A Tasty Duo...

ps99472

Tasty Garden (http://www.yelp.com/biz/tasty-garden-alhambra) and
Tasty Noodle House (http://www.yelp.com/biz/tasty-noodle-house-san-gabriel) will both open soon in Culver Plaza.  Confusion ensues...

Hopefully Tasty Garden will open late, nothing like eating subpar beef chow fun and egg white fried rice at 1 in the morning with a strong English milk tea to wash it down with.

ps9 said:
Hopefully Tasty Garden will open late, nothing like eating subpar beef chow fun and egg white fried rice at 1 in the morning with a strong English milk tea to wash it down with.

Yes!  Beef and Egg on rice please!

Irvinecommuter said:
ps9 said:

Yes!  Beef and Egg on rice please!
mmmmmm that sounds good right about now.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/tasty-noodle-house-irvine

Opened recently, got takeout here twice already...ordered seafood basil fried rice (not bad, will order again), shanghai thick noodle stir fry (ok, might not be a good dish for to go), pork bean curd stir fry with chives (not bad, will order again), and dry mix beef stew noodle (fail on this one, mama Liang's is way better).  This place has potential, once they work out the kinks, it should do well in Irvine, especially close to Ranch 99.  Still no credit cards as of today, cash only.  Can't tell what kind of Chinese, thought they were Taiwanese but the wait staff spoke Cantonese, but clearly this is not Sam Woo.  Be wary of the stinky tofu, it permeates throughout the small restaurant when they bring it out..

ps9 said:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/tasty-noodle-house-irvine

Opened recently, got takeout here twice already...ordered seafood basil fried rice (not bad, will order again), shanghai thick noodle stir fry (ok, might not be a good dish for to go), pork bean curd stir fry with chives (not bad, will order again), and dry mix beef stew noodle (fail on this one, mama Liang's is way better).  This place has potential, once they work out the kinks, it should do well in Irvine, especially close to Ranch 99.  Still no credit cards as of today, cash only.  Can't tell what kind of Chinese, thought they were Taiwanese but the wait staff spoke Cantonese, but clearly this is not Sam Woo.  Be wary of the stinky tofu, it permeates throughout the small restaurant when they bring it out..

I wanted to eat here for lunch but the line was out the door. Maybe next time.

When does Tasty Garden open?

Ate at Tasty Noodle House again last nite and it was ahhhhhmazing!

Ordered the Cucumber Salad, Stinky Tofu, Fried Seaweed Fish (Best Dish), Shanghai Pork Buns (Second Best Dish), Shanghai Chow Mein (Greasy Goodness) and the JellyFish (#NOMNOM).

:D

homer_simpson said:
JellyFish (#NOMNOM).

What do you mean exactly? Is it really a jellyfish? Or just a dish called "Jelly fish". Do people eat real jelly fish...?

Was it this?

jellyfish_zps7c57ae1a.jpg

I usually eat it at dim sum or banquet style restaurants as the first appetizer dish.. Served cold, vinegary, chewy texture, and of course a bit briny.  Try it, you might like it.

homer_simpson said:
SoCal said:
:eek: It's really jellyfish! I never heard of this before, guys!

Wait, how long did you live in Irvine before moving?  ???

Three years the second time which was most recently, and a year or two the first time (before the Asian invasion.)

Say WHAT?!

I've heard of some weird things. For instance, my grandmother would eat the part of the chicken we call "The Pope's Nose" - it's an oily gland in the behind - "the last part over the fence" as they say. Gizzards, yeah. That's nothing new. Especially in the rural midwest where my family is from and the south, those are eaten. I don't eat the gizzard but my dad does. Jellyfish, pig ears, and stinky(?!) tofu - I've never seen before.

Homer, if you ever date a blondie, allow me to be your consultant.

Btw, pig ears are a southern food, too, but it's mainly enjoyed by blacks - they are the ones that first began eating it in the south.

SoCal said:
Say WHAT?!

I've heard of some weird things. For instance, my grandmother would eat the part of the chicken we call "The Pope's Nose" - it's an oily gland in the behind - "the last part over the fence" as they say. Gizzards, yeah. That's nothing new. Especially in the rural midwest where my family is from and the south, those are eaten. I don't eat the gizzard but my dad does. Jellyfish, pig ears, and stinky(?!) tofu - I've never seen before.

Homer, if you ever date a blondie, allow me to be your consultant.

You are too late...  ???

All my exes were blonde except for one brunette gal.  They were all ok with the types of foods my family and I ate and were adventerous enough to try  :D

Back