Who are you and what are you doing here?

[quote author="25inIrvine"]Semi IHB poster w/ same IHB handle. I have the bad (or is it good?) habit of typing out something then thinking my post could be taken too harshly/in a bad way or that I'm calling out someone (which is never my goal) so I tend to just close the window and don't post. That makes me a semi poster.[/quote]

Heh... I wonder what that must be like. I seem to be the complete opposite as you.

And... Go Oak Creek Golfers! Kick Ipoop's butt!

I was out in Vegas for the holidays and wasn't on IHB all that much. I had no idea IHB was shutting down until McDonna e-mailed me on Monday night. I'm not sure if I'll be the big post whore that I was on IHB here as I'm working with more and more clients along with some other side ventures, but I'll be fairly active on here. <!-- s:cool: -->:cool:<!-- s:cool: -->

I'd been a long time daily lurker on IHB - only about 50 post counts so I can't even qualify as a semi-poster. However, I feel (in that creepy stalker sense) that I know everyone here. I will try to join in more conversations here, but in forums, as in life, I am a bonafide wallflower.

I have been around on the IHB forever - just never post very often - probably because I dont have many interesting things to say

I stopped posting on the IHB forums around the time when the format changed...under a 100 posts though, so maybe I'm a former semi-poster.

I stopped reading the IHB blog posts religiously when the brokerage was announced and especially when it started reading more like an infomercial.

Everyone calls me IHO... I think it's safe to say that Apple won't use my name.

Dislikes: FCBs (only because they keep the prices high in Irvine)

(interestingly enough, me and SoCal started posting on the IHB the same time last year, August 2008... maybe we are the same person... I AM PANDA!)

dont_worry_sir_Im_from_the_internet.jpg

[quote author="jumpcut"]haiku, I had to exalt you for that.

I have only a couple hundred posts on IHB since joining in 2007, but people seem to remember me, probably because of my avatar! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> I'm the one who started the popular "A Shout Out to IR2" thread, so I probably inadvertently helped to hasten the IHB forums demise.[/quote]

I also had to exalt haiku. Jumpcut, for the record, your avatar was/is my favorite, especially now with the words below.

I'm a semi-poster who lurked mostly in the blog before posting for the first time. Now, I read the blog only a few times a month and catch up on the various posts at that time. I rarely, if ever, read the blog comments anymore. I also regret that I didn't venture over to the Forums, sooner.

[quote author="roundcorners"]Alrighty... my first TI poll! Was just curious who is out there and how you found us...[/quote]

I'm so old, I used to leave comments at OC Fliptrack.

I had to look, apparently I joined in June, 2008 after lurking for months but mostly on the blog. I identified mainly with Bk since he is a fellow N. Santa Ana resident. I have made many friends and enjoyed the IHB forums greatly. The IHB has been my only outlet for my real estate hobby and interests, which go back a long time. I've never lived in Irvine, but I grew up in the CM/FV/HB areas and I've been sucked into Irvine a lot recently due to the many wonderful activities that can only be found there for my kids, most recently water polo for 5 year olds (another thing that was introduced to me by an IHB member, thanks TRock). I'm really glad to see that so many people have joined here so quickly!

[quote author="evalseraphim"]
[quote author="roundcorners"]Alrighty... my first TI poll! Was just curious who is out there and how you found us...[/quote]

I'm so old, I used to leave comments at OC Fliptrack.[/quote]

LOL! That means I'm old too. That is where I met Irvinerenter and zovall. Man... you guys think I was an a-hole on IHB, I really didn't hold back on oc_fliptrack. Hell, neither did IR. He ripped into someone one time and someone called him out for being a big meanie... ah... the good ol days.

[quote author="jumpcut"]
[quote author="Sunshine"]

I also had to exalt haiku. Jumpcut, for the record, your avatar was/is my favorite, especially now with the words below.

I'm a semi-poster who lurked mostly in the blog before posting for the first time. Now, I read the blog only a few times a month and catch up on the various posts at that time. I rarely, if ever, read the blog comments anymore. I also regret that I didn't venture over to the Forums, sooner.[/quote]
Sunshine, for the record, I started noticing you when you "slamdunked" a troll named Wilson in one of the toxic gas landfill threads by posting a picture of Tom Hanks' basketball and saying "Float away, Wilson..." Priceless... <!-- s:p -->:p<!-- s:p -->[/quote]

Confession: I have guilt from that post. :-[ I've seen wilson signed in a few times over the last few months and it has made me wonder whether he/she really was a troll. I sure hope so...

I'm an OC lifer. Saw Irvine when it was merely Orange groves. For those old enough, Feb and March, when the groves were flowering was Shangri-La.

IHB was a way to snipe at the 'Tard community and their antics, while providing answers to questions people had about financing. There are plenty of bad actors out there dispensing their advice without substance. (Buy now or you'll be priced out forever!! ... bleh) I hope to continue being the antidote to their foolishness, the loyal opposition to the status quo. I post as well on Redfin, without of course the high level of snark I am afforded here.

It's great to see the spirit of the forums continue.

Had been lurking on IHB since early 2007... very few posts though (different handle). Over the years got to enjoy the forums a lot more than the blog. Am really glad to see the forum community continuing here. Hopefully will post a little more often here <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Long time lurker. Got relocated from Europe to Irvine in 2006. I don't remember what stunned me the most back then, the WTF Irvine Prices or the fact that we were offered ridiculously huge amounts of money via mortgages. I could not believe it, I had no employment history in the US, no credit history and, as we didn't sell the property at home, not much in way of down payment, nevertheless lenders offered to finance hundreds of thousands of dollars. Insane! IHB and the Forums were one of the beacons of sanity that reinforced our decision not to purchase under these circumstances. Mid 2006 we decided to rent in Turtle Rock and thoroughly enjoy it here, especially as rents went down the past years. Hey, we might even consider purchasing here in a few years (when buying makes more sense than renting).
I have to admit that I'm still flabbergasted by the way the developments at IBH turned out. It feels like I'm still waiting/hoping for an explanation for all this.

Back