Author Topic: Costco  (Read 41146 times)

Offline eyephone

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 355
  • -Received: 613
Re: Costco
« Reply #150 on: March 18, 2019, 01:24:18 PM »
Costco Rebate voucher cash back for credit card.
I was about to cash my rebate voucher and they were going to write me a check. I made a comment, then why didn’t then send me a check in the first place. Then I started to talk to another random customer. Then they gave me cash.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 01:31:06 PM by eyephone »

Offline zubs

• Thanks
  • -Given: 67
  • -Received: 380
« Reply #151 on: March 20, 2019, 11:24:12 AM »
I splurged my costco rebate check on alc.
It's gonna be a good week.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #152 on: March 20, 2019, 11:25:04 AM »
I splurged my costco rebate check on alc.
It's gonna be a good week.

Nice

Offline HMart

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 161
  • -Received: 47
« Reply #153 on: April 01, 2019, 09:36:55 PM »
I was about to cash my rebate voucher and they were going to write me a check. I made a comment, then why didn’t then send me a check in the first place. Then I started to talk to another random customer. Then they gave me cash.

I've gotten my yearly rebate in cash every year that I can remember. You just have to ask for it.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #154 on: April 02, 2019, 08:32:23 AM »

I've gotten my yearly rebate in cash every year that I can remember. You just have to ask for it.

My post was not about the timing of the rebate check. It was about getting the refund in cash. If they were going to give me a check. Why not send it to me in the mail?
Let’s say I accepted the check option instead of getting cash. Then I would have to go to the bank and deposit it. (I saw the worker writing the check freehand on a corporate check to another member.)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 08:55:24 AM by eyephone »

Offline Kings

• Thanks
  • -Given: 284
  • -Received: 285
« Reply #155 on: April 02, 2019, 10:58:02 AM »

My post was not about the timing of the rebate check. It was about getting the refund in cash. If they were going to give me a check. Why not send it to me in the mail?
Let’s say I accepted the check option instead of getting cash. Then I would have to go to the bank and deposit it. (I saw the worker writing the check freehand on a corporate check to another member.)

the longer that money sits in costco's account, the more interest they gain before they have to pay out. 

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #156 on: April 02, 2019, 11:05:54 AM »

the longer that money sits in costco's account, the more interest they gain before they have to pay out.

I hope there is a control over the checks. Because that person was writing the check to the member not by computer. (acceptable to fraud? Potentially yes)

Offline best_potsticker_in_town

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 51
« Reply #157 on: April 02, 2019, 11:26:37 AM »
Costco also writes checks for some online purchase returns.

Costco.com accepts Mastercard and Discover in addition to Visa. I once made an online purchase w/ my Mastercard and returned the item ($1,100 camera) to the store for a refund. Due to the fact that the warehouse can only process Visa transactions, they wrote me a check. It's actually a good way to meet minimum spend for sign-up bonuses if you have a MC or Discover.

Offline HMart

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 161
  • -Received: 47
« Reply #158 on: April 02, 2019, 01:51:26 PM »

My post was about the method of refund, cash.

Honestly, I think the reason they don't send you checks in person is that they want you to show up at Costco one more time to potentially buy stuff. Hey, I'm here already....

And it's a pretty reasonable (if inconvenient) ask. If you don't like the terms of the deal, you should cancel.

Costco.com accepts Mastercard and Discover in addition to Visa. I once made an online purchase w/ my Mastercard and returned the item ($1,100 camera) to the store for a refund. Due to the fact that the warehouse can only process Visa transactions, they wrote me a check. It's actually a good way to meet minimum spend for sign-up bonuses if you have a MC or Discover.

Well, that's one way to slowly make money. I figure driving to Costco, waiting in return line, and then coming back home would probably cost me 30-75 minutes. With a 2.0%-2.625% cashback card you can do the math.
edit: I also imagine that Costco would shut you down if their algorithms picked up signs of abuse, and then you'd have to deal with a life without Costco.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #159 on: April 02, 2019, 02:01:17 PM »

My post was about the method of refund, cash.

Honestly, I think the reason they don't send you checks in person is that they want you to show up at Costco one more time to potentially buy stuff. Hey, I'm here already....

And it's a pretty reasonable (if inconvenient) ask. If you don't like the terms of the deal, you should cancel.

Well, that's one way to slowly make money. I figure driving to Costco, waiting in return line, and then coming back home would probably cost me 30-75 minutes. With a 2.0%-2.625% cashback card you can do the math.
edit: I also imagine that Costco would shut you down if their algorithms picked up signs of abuse, and then you'd have to deal with a life without Costco.

Go ahead try to shut me down. I did nothing wrong. I was talking about the employees writing on the blank checks. My original complaint: I want the cash from my rebate check. That’s it! (a reasonable complaint)

Trust me I don’t need to play games with scams. I got better things to do and I don’t have the time. (Nice false accusation)

Do you work for Costco? Seems like you got all mad. Also. Who are trying to be ban me from Costco? So if you make a complaint at place x. Does that mean you are banned from going there?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 02:23:48 PM by eyephone »

Offline iacrenter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 392
  • -Received: 591
« Reply #160 on: April 02, 2019, 03:29:31 PM »

I should have pushed the issue further and asked for cash as well. I'm guessing they don't want to deplete their daily cash reserves for customers who have over X amount of cash back. The biggest PITA was waiting for the manager to write me the check (it does require two Costco manager signatures). He told me to go shopping and it would be ready for me when I came back. I just wanted my money since I had places to go. So instead I wasted 10 minutes standing around reading my iPhone.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Cares

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 64
« Reply #161 on: April 02, 2019, 03:35:27 PM »

You don't manufacture spend regularly with this method. It is solely to meet sign up bonus minimum spends (which are a few hundred to even $1000 of points) if you need to without costing yourself any money. I have unintentionally bought jewelry or other expensive items online and get refunded in cash in store.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 585
  • -Received: 508
« Reply #162 on: April 02, 2019, 03:37:36 PM »
I am so confused by all of this.  We get an annual check in the mail that we use for our next Costco trip...the remainder of which is given to us in cash.

My understanding is that we can also just cash it at a Costco...I have never tried to deposit a Costco check.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #163 on: April 02, 2019, 03:57:00 PM »
I am so confused by all of this.  We get an annual check in the mail that we use for our next Costco trip...the remainder of which is given to us in cash.

My understanding is that we can also just cash it at a Costco...I have never tried to deposit a Costco check.

So in the mail or through email a person will get their rebate voucher. If a person wishes to turn that voucher for money. Than they will send you to a register/location with no customers. This is based on my experience and it may differ from different locations.
The person was going to write me a check for my voucher. At the end, I got cash.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 04:34:38 PM by eyephone »

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 585
  • -Received: 508
« Reply #164 on: April 02, 2019, 04:28:29 PM »

So in the mail or through email a person will get their rebate voucher. If a person wishes to turn that voucher for money. Than they will send you to a register/location with no customers. This is based on my experience and it may differ from different locations.
The person was going to write me a check for my voucher. At the end, I got cash.

I guess a person wants to ban me. laughable

Over Costco?  That's silly...Costco is a happy place where cheap hot dogs and pizza roam freely and 65 cent sodas flow like rivers!

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts