Upgrade to iPhone 5

irvinehusky

I have an older iPhone (too embarrassed to say which one)  :p but I was wondering if I can upgrade paying the upgrade price for an iPhone 5?  I used to pay AT&T personally for the account and then got reimbursed for it later from my company.  A few years back, I upgraded to the iPhone I have now but now the company took over my AT&T account so I don't see the bill at all.

Hence, I can't access the AT&T web site nor create a new account as it's a company account now.  Was anyone in a similar situation able to upgrade to an iPhone 5 without paying the full price?

Unfortunately, the iPhone is not one of the standard smartphone authorized by my company.  So, upgrading it is on my own dime.

There should be a business portal with AT&T that your company can give you access to to check your upgrade eligibility.  Otherwise, I would just walk in to a AT&T store and see if they can upgrade you.  I've upgraded my phone directly with AT&T a few times on the company account, and as long as I had fulfilled the length of the contract, I'm able to get a new phone at the new subscriber price.

How old is your iPhone? If it's a 4 or later... you should be able to upgrade since the standard time is 20 months.

Just go into an AT&T and ask about it, you should be able to pay the upgrade price yourself and they will extend your company line account for 2 years, but just make sure they know what you are doing. The only problem is that most of the carriers are quickly sold out of any iPhones they get in store... so you would probably just have to order with them.

I recommend that anyone who can, upgrade to the 5... it's a great phone... lighter, thinner and faster.

Good luck.

Thank you both.  I'll go to the AT&T store and see what happens.

I know they won't have an extra iPhone 5 there for me right now.  Ha Ha. :p

Corporate plans tend to have different contract lengths, depending on how much business your company gives to AT&T.  I have a iPhone 4S, and our business portal is telling me I'm eligible for an upgrade later this month (exactly 12 months of ownership).

Back