Apple iOS 6

iacrenter

So did anyone update their Apple OS to iOS 6? What has been your impression so far?
http://howto.cnet.com/ios-6-complete-guide/

My biggest complaint is that the mapping software sucks--a real step backwards IMHO. I did the lame workaround and placed a web icon on my homepage for Google Maps via Safari browser. I hope Google builds a real map app soon.

The enhanced inbox, panorama photos, updated Siri, do not disturb, and facetime over cellular are nice. Since I don't use Facebook, the new integration wasn't a big deal to me. All in all a better OS but only just catching up to some features of Android. Sheesh, we iSheep only just got inserting photo/video for composing email this week!!!

I find it interesting that Google anticipated iOS6 removing the YouTube app so they released one for iOS about a week ago... but they did not do the same for Google Maps.

I'm waiting for the iOS6 jailbreak, there is a tethered one for older devices (iPhone 4 and previous) but I want the untethered one.

Interestingly enough... I'll be skipping iOS5 altogether (I have an iOS4 JB).

irvinehomeowner said:
I find it interesting that Google anticipated iOS6 removing the YouTube app so they released one for iOS about a week ago... but they did not do the same for Google Maps.

I'm waiting for the iOS6 jailbreak, there is a tethered one for older devices (iPhone 4 and previous) but I want the untethered one.

Interestingly enough... I'll be skipping iOS5 altogether (I have an iOS4 JB).

It could also be part of Google's strategy to differentiate the Android user experience from iOS. Why give Apple users the same awesome mapping program that loyal Android customers use? The only downside for Google would be a loss of about 50% of their user base overnight. Thank goodness Apple didn't gut their upload to youtube on their video share options. Can't we all just get along ;)

I'm sure Google will come out with an iOS app for Maps... saving the best functions for their Android version.

So did you get your iPhone 5 early? Reports are they started hitting the US today.

I don't know how long a delay mine will be... hoping next week. I need to figure out if I can switch it my wife's number (hers is still under contract) since I can upgrade my other phone to an i5 too.

Phone should be here tomorrow. I got the email shipping verification today. I upgraded my current phone to iOS 6 just to play with the new OS.

Back