Soccer

annabanana

I'd like to enroll my daughter (4) in some sort of soccer camp school ors omething.  Get her doing some exercise!  Anyone know camps/lessons/programs or anything?

Thanks!  Just did a quick visit to the site.  I guess my daughter isnt old enough yet.  Have to be 4 by July 31.  She just turned 4 so wait another year!

Depends on how far your daugther is from July 31st.

My son joined AYSO U5 last year and his birthdate is few days after cut-off date.
But he is in U5 again this year because the commissioner do not want to make any exception for him for U6.

I thought I'd add a differing opinion on our experience with AYSO although I still think it's a good organization noting how far American soccer has come (especially on the lady's side) in bringing up better soccer ...er, football players.

My son was a complete beginner so I was expecting a little bit of coaching and teaching of the basics as part of the program.  What happened was that the beginner and intermediate group got combined so they did very little teaching and lots of playing against other teams.  He was overwhelmed playing against the bigger, better and aggressive kids so ended up not going there after a few sessions.

I never played soccer so I really cannot teach my kid on the side.

My wife enrolled my son recently with another soccer group, taught somewhat informally by Japanese coaches.  So, unless you understand Japanese, it probably won't help anyone else.  But, as you probably know, Japanese are very detail oriented people so they teach the basics very, very well and it's under a less stressful environment.  Some other parents there told us that they had their sons in AYSO but pulled them out due to the aggressive players "and" aggressive parents.  ???  My son seems to like it so far.

Don't let me talk anyone out of joining AYSO as it seems to work for most of the kids, but it's not for everyone.  Maybe when my kids becomes better, I'll think about it again.  :p

Back