Closet Organizers/Systems Recommendation?

qwerty

does anyone have a good recommendation for a closet organization company? my wife called closet world and the customer service was horrible, not to mention their yelp reviews were bad. Closet factory was a no go as well.  our closet is approximately 14x7 - we have gotten one quote and it came at about 6,000 - seemed kind of steep. I always envisioned these things would cost 2,000-3000. I checked out costco's partner website and you can put in your dimensions and kind of design it yourself and that was about 4,000 - they deliver the units built but you still need to install them. the 6K system was pretty nice though with clear glass doors and all - just doesnt seem like it is worth it (well my wife kind of disagrees).

any good recommendations? if anyone has gotten one of these - how much did you pay?

thanks in advance.

I have used Cabinets Plus which is a local company.  I did cabinets in my garage with them and I am very pleased with the outcome. They do closets and all other types of cabinets as well. 

FreeBird said:
I have used Cabinets Plus which is a local company.  I did cabinets in my garage with them and I am very pleased with the outcome. They do closets and all other types of cabinets as well. 

Turns out my wife met with them last saturday and that is who she is going with.

ninja88 said:
how was the pricing relative to others?

The pricing is much better. Similar designs at other places were coming in at around 6,000, right now we are looking at around 3,600

do they give free estimates? i may give them a call if they do. but their pricing is 3600 vs costco's 40% off at 4000? do they use real wood?

ninja88 said:
do they give free estimates? i may give them a call if they do. but their pricing is 3600 vs costco's 40% off at 4000? do they use real wood?

the do give free estimates - they come out to hour house and take measurements and then they pick your brain on what you want and they go back to the office and draw something up and send it to you, or you can visit them at their showroom to go over the drawings and make changes, you can call them at 800-823-4316

my wife said it was not wood but didnt know exactly what it was so i went on their website:

"This is where we shine? The reason for this is because we try to build in your best interest. We build all of our cabinets at our shop, not at your house. This ensures a level foundation for building a square cabinet. Cabinets are then transported in trucks not vans to your home.

Our machinery is state of the art and updated to make sure we have precision cuts , edges and the best quality. Our saw blades are sharpened and changed every day and tooling checked and rechecked to make sure no chipping or blemishes occur.

We reinforce all of our cabinets from the bottom with a toe kick and shelves over 36? have a 3? stiffener to eliminate any sagging. We also provide you with 4 shelves in our tall cabinets, the most in the industry. Our cabinets all come with backing as a standard, not an upgrade.

Backing is important to a cabinet because it strengthens it and keeps it from cracking. Our material is all double-sided industrial particle board with 120-gram melamine. Anything less might show some bleeding or graying. The core is the densest pine industrial board pressed at 45lbs; it is made locally for us in Irvine and is simply the best.

Please come and visit our factory and see the differences for yourself."

so it sounds like it is similar, if not the same, to the thermofoil cabinets that come standard in most new home construction.

I am not too sure about the type of wood but I can tell you that they are similar to the cabinets you get in new homes.

They are sturdy and can hold a lot of weight. I found these much better quality than the one's from closet world and few others. I like their finish as well.

FreeBird said:
I am not too sure about the type of wood but I can tell you that they are similar to the cabinets you get in new homes.

They are sturdy and can hold a lot of weight. I found these much better quality than the one's from closet world and few others. I like their finish as well.

yeah my wife went to their facility and really liked how the cabinets/quality looked.

ninja88 said:

i went on the costco website and the price they give you already reflects the 40% discount, i just built something real quick and it said original price of 7,000 now 4,200, which is 60% of the 7K.  for something like this i would not feel comfortable buying it online. with the costco ones as well you have to have someone install them so that could be another $300-$500? and you cant get to actually see what you are buying till it gets to your house.

bones said:
Bumping this topic.  Any other recommendations?

So far the list from the thread is:
1. Closet World - bad
2. Closet Factory - expensive
3. Cabinets Plus - good
4. California Closets - ? anyone use them before
5. Closet Solutions - ? anyone use them before

In my previous homes, I did DIY Elfa from Container Store but want more of a finished look this time.  TIA!

Just finished using Cabinets Plus... Prices were good and the service was fantastic.

bones said:
gld2 said:
Tried Tailored Living with Scott,    Great price and great service. 

Is that through their OC lake forest franchise?  Do you have a #?

my wife worked with this lady at Tailored Living in Lake Forest - she had a good experience with them during the quote process

Sasha Omahana
Tailored Living
c. 949-528-5899

Elfa has gotten better visually. I recommend at least looking at the current offerings. Another perk is that is easy to make changes. They also provide professional installation.

This is the style we ordered. Goes in Thursday.
http://www.containerstore.com/shop/elfa/bestSellingSolutions/closets?productId=10022211&N=68559

Back