Is having 3 kids better than 2?

panda

While I was watching the news this morning, I found out that it cost around $300,000 of raising one new born until they reach the age of 18. My wife and I are really excited about having two twin boys, but we sometimes wonder if we should roll the dice to get a daughter on our second try. What i hear from friends and family is if you can afford it and emotionally ready, go for it. If i was going to raise my family in a low cost area like Atlanta or Dallas, it would not be a concern, but to have three kids in Irvine?? I am a little concerned.

For those of you raising three kids compared to two kids in Irvine/OC is there really a big difference?

Panda

I have only one child so far, so as usual I have no idea what I am talking about...but I've heard from others that the biggest adjustment is going from one to two kids, but then once you get to three, the adjustment isn't so hard. Maybe it's because you've amassed more supplies and been through everything a couple of times already. Although perhaps the scenario is a bit different when you're starting out with twins.

I say go for the girl. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

[quote author="Panda "]While I was watching the news this morning, I found out that it cost around $300,000 of raising one new born until they reach the age of 18. My wife and I are really excited about having two twin boys, but we sometimes wonder if we should roll the dice to get a daughter on our second try. What i hear from friends and family is if you can afford it and emotionally ready, go for it. If i was going to raise my family in a low cost area like Atlanta or Dallas, it would not be a concern, but to have three kids in Irvine?? I am a little concerned.

For those of you raising three kids compared to two kids in Irvine/OC is there really a big difference?

Panda [/quote]
The marginal cost of having a 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc baby goes down as you keep going as you can use a lot of the same items that you've already amassed (clothing, toys, etc)....plus buying in bulk at Costco is always cheaper if you use everything before it goes bad. Same of my friends are on their second and third children...at the end of the day it comes down to knowing that you have the time and energy that it'll take to raise so many kids.

{This is all coming from an only child}

Congrats, Panda. Welcome to the "two boys" club!

Why don't you wait and see how you feel about a third. Give it some time after you see how things go with the first two. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

[quote author="SoCal78"]Congrats, Panda. Welcome to the "two boys" club!

Why don't you wait and see how you feel about a third. Give it some time after you see how things go with the first two. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->[/quote]
I was thinking the same thing. You'll be exhausted with the twins. I'm sure you won't be thinking about a third for quite some time. Good luck.

P is back!

Man... you're crazy... at our church... it's call 3 under 3! Having three kids under three years old... that is some serious parenting! I won't see you until 2015...!

[quote author="pebbles"]
[quote author="SoCal78"]Congrats, Panda. Welcome to the "two boys" club!

Why don't you wait and see how you feel about a third. Give it some time after you see how things go with the first two. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->[/quote]
I was thinking the same thing. You'll be exhausted with the twins. I'm sure you won't be thinking about a third for quite some time. Good luck.[/quote]

enhanced-buzz-17490-1262212372-6.jpg

enhanced-buzz-17490-1262212388-8.jpg

enhanced-buzz-17474-1262212465-7.jpg

[quote author="cameray"]
[quote author="pebbles"]
I was thinking the same thing. You'll be exhausted with the twins. I'm sure you won't be thinking about a third for quite some time. Good luck.[/quote]

enhanced-buzz-17490-1262212372-6.jpg

enhanced-buzz-17490-1262212388-8.jpg

enhanced-buzz-17474-1262212465-7.jpg
[/quote]

haha. Thanks Cameray. Uhmm. they all look the same. Which one is the baby girl?

RC, 2015?? you so crazy. No furry baby Pandas are going to get in my way in getting my hands on the prize.

I only have two now and I think that is enough for me. Very big jump in work from one to two. Probably three will be marginally more work but still I am content with what we got. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

IHO is right. If you go from two to three, you and your wife will have to shift from man-to-man to zone. They will eat you up on the perimeter, especially if the little one can dish the rock.

-IrvineRealtor

[quote author="IrvineRealtor"]IHO is right. If you go from two to three, you and your wife will have to shift from man-to-man to zone. They will eat you up on the perimeter, especially if the little one can dish the rock.

-IrvineRealtor[/quote]
Exalted!

So which is better? having two girls or two boys? I hear that two baby girls are a lot more calm and quiet while two baby boys are naughty and loud. IR2, when I buy my Irvine home do i need to worry about the little boys drawing on the walls with crayons? This really happened to one my good friends, and he has two little boys around 2-4 years old.

-P

Little girls can draw just as much as little boys.

And just make sure you use a low sheen paint... it will wash right off the wall.

[quote author="Panda "]So which is better? having two girls or two boys? I hear that two baby girls are a lot more calm and quiet while two baby boys are naughty and loud. IR2, when I buy my Irvine home do i need to worry about the little boys drawing on the walls with crayons? This really happened to one my good friends, and he has two little boys around 2-4 years old.

-P [/quote]

I only buy washable markers and crayons. A little water and elbow grease....brand new looking walls. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

[quote author="IACRenter"]
[quote author="Panda "]So which is better? having two girls or two boys? I hear that two baby girls are a lot more calm and quiet while two baby boys are naughty and loud. IR2, when I buy my Irvine home do i need to worry about the little boys drawing on the walls with crayons? This really happened to one my good friends, and he has two little boys around 2-4 years old.

-P [/quote]

I only buy washable markers and crayons. A little water and elbow grease....brand new looking walls. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->[/quote]

Best thing since sliced bread:

mr-clean-magic-eraser.jpg

[quote author="SoCal78"]
[quote author="IACRenter"]

I only buy washable markers and crayons. A little water and elbow grease....brand new looking walls. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->[/quote]

Best thing since sliced bread:

mr-clean-magic-eraser.jpg
[/quote]

+1

It has been a while since I needed to use it. But it works great.

For me the difference between 2 and 3 wasn't really noticable until the activities started.

When you have 2 divide an conquer is a lot less complicated then it is with 3.

It got so bad that on certain weekends I actually use excel to schedule all of the different drop offs and pick ups with the times I actually need to be there.

I like to watch every event my kids participate in so it makes it a little more difficult.

I can't be one of those parents that doesn't show up when their kids are performances which may make it more difficult.

Yeah, they're all so cute when they are so small like a little cartoon character, but when they start growing up, that's when the problem starts <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Back