[Open House] 34 Santa Comba-atta and the Soulsonic Force

irvinehomeowner

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lDCYjb8RHk[/youtube]

Rock rock planet rock... don't stop!!!

Man... I still love that song.

So for the first time in a long time... we toured an open house in Westpark II:

$849,900, 4b/2.5ba, 2300sf, 4739sf lothttp://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/34-Santa-Comba-92606/home/4628258

S705862_0.jpg

So it's not really a 3CWG... but it has the driveway of one... and this particular Montage model is actually a 3CWG but this has the den option instead. Instead of filling this post with pictures from Redfin, I'll just post my thoughts (the real story is I'm too lazy to do all the IMG links :) ).

As some know, I really like this area of Westpark II... the problem is many of the homes are close to the one of the busiest/noisiest streets in Irvine, Culver Dr.  This particular home actually has an okay location as it's still on a cul-de-sac but is buffered from Culver and Irvine Center Drive by a few homes. The external of the house is the usual Mediterranean style of Westpark II, stucco and some fake stone but this one looks very well maintained. Upon entry into the foyer, you are greeted by PS9's and myself's favorite... vaulted ceilings. Directly to your left is a den area that takes up where the 3rd car garage was. It's nice... and in this home is set up as a pseudo mancave.

This is set up in the typical O-style floorplan of the 3CWGs built in the late 90s:

n6qddf.jpg

So a vaulted ceiling living and dining room off the foyer and then kitchen/nook/family shares one space (the original "great room" for those who love them so much). The backyard is a little small... the wooden fence looks dated but it has a nice combination of hardscape and softscape... with a raised patio area and pergola.

The kitchen has granite and stainless upgrades... even a wine cooler... but alas... no built-in microwave so you'll have to take up counter space with that appliance... and if you have kids... you can't live without Hot Pockets--err--a microwave.

And unlike many media niches from the late 90s, the one in the family room can actually fit a 55" flat screen TV... so you don't have to mount it over the fireplace and increase your chiropractic visits.

Although the laundry room is on the 1st floor, at least it's not in the pass-thru to the garage, it's a room off to the side of the garage entrance so you can hide IHO's dirty socks when guests are around.

The entire house is hardwood and tile. It's not the color wood that's vogue now... and I don't particularly like hardwood upstairs. What's weird here is the way they applied the hardwood to the stairs, it's hard to describe and you notice it because you have to take your shoes off to tour the home, but half of the stair step is a raised hardwood molding... so feel strange walking on it (more going down than up).

The upper master bedroom is a bit small... but at least the master bath/shower is upgraded with tile/granite and it's a jetted tub. The master closet has a shelf system which is a bonus. The other bathroom is also upgraded with the same tile/granite (and also a jetted tub).

The other 3 bedrooms (a total of 4 bedrooms upstairs) are a little small too but every bedroom has a ceiling fan (including the family room downstairs) which I like (saves on AC costs too).

Although the listing says 2300sft, the original plan 2 without the den is 2065sft and I'm not sure that 3rd garage is 235sft. I wonder about this because the house doesn't feel that large.

All in all, I like it except for the stairs/upstairs wood flooring. Interestingly enough, Mrs. IHO wasn't really too excited about it (and she likes upstairs wood flooring). I think unlike me, she isn't really into the Westpark II hood anymore. Even the kids weren't too enthused... we've been touring some Tustin Ranch homes and they seem to like those better (is that good?).

Do I think this is work $849k? Well... in general, I think all the Westpark II homes are a bit overpriced... and considering that bigger models have sold for around the same price... I think this one is on the high side. I imagine it would be a better buy in the mid-700 to high-700 range... but FCBs tend to keep WPII prices high so this may settle closer to $800k.

I could RKP it and put in an offer for $750k... but I don't think my wife is that interested.

Has anyone else seen this home?

Visited this house as well with our agent.
I can't forget the neighbor's wouldn't stop barking dog.
Very nice house and backyard.
I share IHO's concerns about the actual sqftage of the house.
I also believe it'll go for about $820K-$830K considering comps and attractiveness of the neighborhood to FCBs.

irvinehomeowner said:
It actually went pending today (or yesterday).

Sheeesh... stupid low inventory.

$845K is a good price. One of my house with the same model sold last year for $880k.

flipper said:
irvinehomeowner said:
It actually went pending today (or yesterday).

Sheeesh... stupid low inventory.

$845K is a good price. One of my house with the same model sold last year for $880k.

That would mean that WestPark II prices are still going down... despite the low inventory... good news for the bears!
Although this house was very nice hearing non stop barking is definitely a no no for me.
Next!!

Back