Friday Boredom: When a man should or shouldn't cry....

irvinehomeowner

They were talking about this on the Herd on ESPN yesterday and I thought it was funny. From The Art of Manliness:
http://artofmanliness.com/2008/06/19/when-is-it-okay-for-a-man-to-cry/

------------

When It?s Okay for a Man to Cry

1. The death of a loved one.
There are few things more painful than the thought of separation from those dearest to our hearts.

2. The death of your beloved pet.
A pet can feel like a member of the family. Whether a horse or dog, the bond between a man and his faithful animal runs deep.

3. When you first see the new life you and your wife created.
Many a man has found himself choked up as they cradle their newborn son or daughter.

4. When you propose to the love of your life and she says yes.
This should be one of the happiest days of your life. You found your best friend.

5. At the altar as you get married.
Everyone in attendance loves to see the husband-to-be get a little misty-eyed as his blushing bride walks down the aisle.

6. When your beloved car or truck, especially your first one, gets totaled.
There?s a bond between a man and his wheels that when severed, can really sting.

7. Visiting sites that pay tribute to those who laid down their lives for others.
Whether running your fingers over the names at the Vietnam War Memorial or watching the oil leak from the sunk USS Arizona, contemplating the sacrifices made by your fellowman should make you tear up.

8. Describing a really spiritual experience.
Feeling touched by a higher power can be really affecting.

9. As an athlete, after the final game/match/event that you will ever play in.
You?ll never be in as good shape again. You?ll never experience this level of camaraderie again. You?ll never push yourself so hard every day. Go on and let it out.

10. While watching any of the following movies:
Field of Dreams
Brian?s Song
Shawshank Redemption
The Pride of the Yankees
Old Yeller
Iron Giant
Life is Beautiful
Saving Private Ryan
Rudy
Braveheart
Dead Poets Society
Friday Night Lights
We Were Soldiers
Gladiator
Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid
The Champ
Glory
It?s a Wonderful Life

When It?s Not Okay For a Man to Cry

1. When you favorite sports team loses.
I get really into sports. But crying when men who don?t know you from Adam lose a game means you?ve got way too much invested.

2. When those around you are looking to you as a source of calmness and strength.
Sometimes your loved ones need you to be a rock.

3. To the point of irrational thinking or paralysis when you have a job to do.
I wanted to strangle Upham in Saving Private Ryan when he cried in the stairwell while his fellow soldier was being killed. When you have a job to do, get it together.

4. When you don?t get your way.
Little boys cry when they don?t get what they want. Men are disappointed, but resilient.

5. When you?re frustrated.
Crying because your overwhelmed and don?t know what to do is a cop out. You don?t have the strength to think of a solution, so you cry so you don?t have to think at all. Man up and figure out your next move.

6. In baseball.
There?s no crying in baseball!

7. During any of the following movies:
Beaches
Steel Magnolias
Little Women
Jerry Maguire
The Notebook
Ghost

-----------

Okay... so the only one I really don't agree with is when your car/truck gets totaled. I think there should be some events where you attend as a father that should be on there... but I guess that would be "When it's okay for an OLD man to cry".

Kind of surprised she did not replace the ICE engine with electrical motor and battery system to fit the current MSM narrative. It would have been what the child bearing person would have wanted.
morekaos said:
This is the best Ad I have seen this year for Christmas...and it made me cry...
https://youtu.be/c4-oyBnknHk

...a small reminder of what is really important about this season.  Too much noise and BS out there.

Way to pivot from reduced revenues due to a chip shortage to increased revenues from higher sales of parts for classic cars.

Back