Four Sea Resturant Coming to Irvine Soon

chromatin

Seems like every week there is a new Asian restaurant opening..... This time its Four Sea Restaurant which is known for its Chinese style breakfast serving soy milk, green onion cakes etc...... It will be in the Irvine Village Shopping Center where I-tea cafe is (Irvine center drive and Jeffrey) The sign is up and should be open in a month or two..... attached is a picture

Attachments

• 427161_10151030461654823_1876739818_n.jpg
    427161_10151030461654823_1876739818_n.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 606
Been to their Hacienda Heights location, gave me terrible stomach cramps and had to use a public restroom because of it, broke my 2 year record of only doing my business on my home court.

ps9 said:
... had to use a public restroom because of it, broke my 2 year record of only doing my business on my home court.
Hehe... my wife thinks I'm weird because this is one of my rules too.

I haven't had issues with four seas, but had a bad experience at ???? (http://www.yunghocityrestaurant.com/) in SGV on Valley.  The soy milk was, um, substandard.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLg4derwVJM&feature=related[/youtube]

I didnot get it why people are so excited about this type of restaurant?  The food quality is so substandarded.  We went to Spicy City and ordered a smoked duck,  which was rotted and stink.  I asked the lady there and was confirmed they cooked serval ducks once a  week,  not many order the duck,  they put it in the fridge and it will get stinky.  After it,  I never come there again

Funny how all the non TIC strip malls are getting these type of businesses.

Back in the day... you would never see a place like Diamond Jamboree... I think the center on Walnut/Jeffrey (not the 99Ranch one)... was the pioneer. I'm still surprised TIC let a 99Ranch into one of their centers (the one on Culver and Irvine Center Drive) but that one had a 7/11 so I guess it's one of their more "progressive" retail centers.

Where is Graphrix... I dare him to say that Irvine doesn't have more Asians than it did in the 80s (oh wait... he tried... but 2010 Census numbers put him in his place). :)

gld2 said:
I didnot get it why people are so excited about this type of restaurant?  The food quality is so substandarded.  We went to Spicy City and ordered a smoked duck,  which was rotted and stink.  I asked the lady there and was confirmed they cooked serval ducks once a  week,  not many order the duck,  they put it in the fridge and it will get stinky.  After it,  I never come there again

That happens to all struggling restaurants.  If you watch Kitchen Nightmares or its Japanese equivalent, the first thing that struggling owners try to do is to stop buying fresh food and "stretch" the food that they have.  It's a self-defeating process but somehow it always happens.

I am excited about having new restaurants in Irvine, especially non-chain ones. 

Well this is better than the Pho restaurant that i think it replaced... at least we have more variation now.... there wasn't any good chinese breakfast place that sells it everyday... there is a few that sell it on the weekends i believe... Lets hope its pretty good if not it'll just go out of business. Since its not in a plaza with huge asian population it has to be decent to get enough draw to break even

Eh, went there for breakfast and had a sticker shock.

On the up side, they're open at 6:30am.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8A4QVop3-8[/youtube]

quite expensive for chinese breakfast.  soybean milk is decent, beef wrap thing is yummy but they tend to sell out of everything by 3 pm.

Decided to give this place another try... beef w/ picked veg sandwich is pricey at $4.50.. egg onion pancake also pricey at $4 (though decent).  Such a "cold" dining room.  They should open up the kitchen more and let the warm smells of breakfast go into the dining hall.. When I walked in it smelled like a bunch of nerds pulled an all nighter studying for finals in their tiny dorm room. :)

Back