Main Street Wine Company in Huntington Beach

cameray

For months my wife and I pressed our noses against the glass, waiting, waiting, waiting for the opening of the Main Street Wine Company in downtown Huntington Beach. We're longtime residents of that neighborhood, and like many other locals we've been dying for a drinking establishment that catered to grownups in our city center, which for years has pandered to the under-30 party crowd.

p8210271.jpg

Finally the place opened its doors about three months back. I let owner Dann Bean get things up and running before I wrote about his place, though I've been a regular visitor. I'm happy to say it was worth the wait ? this is one of the friendliest and most reasonably priced wine bars we've ever encountered. Sorry for all those nose prints, Dann!

Bean's inventory betrays his love of California wine, although there are a smattering of Oregon Pinots and Washington Merlots as well, and even a few ice wines and a couple of Australians. And his prices are surprisingly reasonable for a wine shop. But try as we might, we couldn't find a single mass-market clunker among the collection.

http://fastfood.freedomblogging.com/2010....n-beach/46791/

Back