AT&T Uverse at Stonegate?

D_money

We will be moving into our new San Marcos home within the next two months. I went online to check if Uverse internet was available on our street and it wasn't according to their website. Can anyone confirm if Uverse is available in Stonegate/ San marcos and if it's fiber to the premise or fiber to the neighborhood?

I too would love an alternative to COX but there is NO Uverse, FIOS, or Google in Irvine. The only other alternative I see many of my neighbors have is Direct TV.

I called att today and they do have service at stonegate.  I just don't know how is the quality of their internet connection.  And the service rep told me that connection between the box and house is through WIFI.  Is that true?

Funny.  I called again for additional questions and the difference service rep said that there is actually Optical fiber cable going into my house in stonegate.  Which one is true?

songkou said:
I called att today and they do have service at stonegate.  I just don't know how is the quality of their internet connection.  And the service rep told me that connection between the box and house is through WIFI.  Is that true?

That's definitely not true (no wifi between box and house). We have Uverse in Portola Springs and love it.

The bad about Uverse is that I need to pay $99 equipment fee, which is for just a wireless router.  A wireless router doesn't cost that much.  Did everyone here actually pay that?

Paperboy, do you still have UVerse?  We are in Portola Springs as well, and the AT&T rep told me that both UVerse and DSL were not available in our area.  I don't like Cox and really would like to change our internet service provider.

moonchild508 said:
Paperboy, do you still have UVerse?  We are in Portola Springs as well, and the AT&T rep told me that both UVerse and DSL were not available in our area.  I don't like Cox and really would like to change our internet service provider.

Yup. Still have it and love the price and service and DVR!

I'm not sure about the quality of service but I happened to do a little research on AT&T U-verse.  Here is a URL with some information.
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB409045#fbid=ruS6Vsuq4YD

So with Cox I guess the Data Plans are tiered but are much more than AT&T.

This is a little new to me as I used to live in an HOA that provided business class Time Warner Internet split to each home in the neighborhood.  I don't believe we had any maximums other than the download/upload speeds.

I talked to the tech that came out to install U-Verse and he said that in Stonegate, the Fiber goes to the ONT at the house, it's not to a box in the neighborhood and then VDSL to the house.  Makes sense for new construction where they can lay the fiber in the beginning instead of trying to retrofit the infrastructure.  I'm happy with uverse vs Cox.  I was on Cox's preferred plan and was getting 30-ish Mbps according to Speedtest.net.  With U-verse 18Mbps plan, I'm getting about 22Mbps.  I don't really notice the speed difference in everyday browsing, but then again, I don't do a lot of video streams no either, so U-verse works for me.

Back