1,206 more apartments approved for Irvine Spectrum area

we have lived off of jamboree for over 4 years and somehow, never drove down jamboree between 6-7 ever.  it took me 45 min to get from avenue 1 to west irvine yesterday when i left at 6:20!  :mad: that drive normally takes me 20 min so it was over double.  hate to think how this much more housing will impact the area

but that being said, if anyone wants to go berzerk, go down lincoln from santa monica to the 90 at 5:30.  will take you over an hour for 6 miles...

our own version of the Orange crush occurs near the 5/261/Jamboree split.  They are expanding currently.  Between 5-6pm I usually hop off jamboree at Walnut and cut across with Culver to get to North Irvine.  Sometimes Jamboree is so bad I take Harvard but the lights on Harvard can be long and also the train tracks.  of course none of this compares to my old commute Westwood to Irvine on the 405 at 3pm.. I usually get home after 2.5-3 hours.. 

rkp said:
but that being said, if anyone wants to go berzerk, go down lincoln from santa monica to the 90 at 5:30.  will take you over an hour for 6 miles...

Wow. I used that street for my commute between Santa Monica and Hawthorne in 1998. It usually took around 30 minutes.

Vinster said:
rkp said:

Wow. I used that street for my commute between Santa Monica and Hawthorne in 1998. It usually took around 30 minutes.

Looking at the map, I actually took Ocean Ave (parallel to Lincoln) to Abbot Kinney to Washington and then to Lincoln. I think this avoided most of the really bad traffic. Just watch for the speed traps on Abbot Kinney.

Back