[IHB] Westpark or West Irvine?

Since age is of home is not a major issue, I would pick Westpark due to location (a bit cooler weather wise) and the high ceilings of usual Westpark homes.  IUSD vs TUSD is subjective as well though.  And I don't think all Westpark has 2 Associations dues either.

Both are pretty bad.  I think I would pick West Irvine as most of Westpark really takes the tract home concept to the max with identical paint and elevations across the entire community.  I hate not knowing which house is mine.

But if $700K was my limit and I wanted 4 bedrooms, I would not look at either and accept a motorcourt or detached condo.

Something like this:http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/31-Twin-Gables-92620/home/12257275

Or wait a year and save up to buy a Maricopa house.

@rkp:

You don't think the motorcourt/detached condos look alike? :)

To be clear, the IHB article is referencing Westpark II, which to me is a great neighborhood in Irvine. I would much rather have an older home with a driveway in Westpark II than a motorcourt home in Stonegate or Portola Springs.

irvinehomeowner said:
@rkp:

You don't think the motorcourt/detached condos look alike? :)

To be clear, the IHB article is referencing Westpark II, which to me is a great neighborhood in Irvine. I would much rather have an older home with a driveway in Westpark II than a motorcourt home in Stonegate or Portola Springs.

fair point IHO - i guess i can settle with new clones but not old clones  ;)

westpark II is a very nice neighborhood but a 3000 sq ft lot?  really?

Westpark every day!
Quicker access to 405, airport, beaches and Woodbridge lake.
Better school district
Cooler climate
Nicer looking neighborhood: mediterraneen style of houses, larger streets, more parks

Back