Swim School

BettyBlue

Looking for swim school suggestions for my 3 & 4 year olds. I've sent my son to Waterworks back when he was 10 mos but just curious to know what others thought of the other swim schools. Or does any one have opinions on private lessons?

BettyBlue said:
Looking for swim school suggestions for my 3 & 4 year olds. I've sent my son to Waterworks back when he was 10 mos but just curious to know what others thought of the other swim schools. Or does any one have opinions on private lessons?

We've liked the lessons at Blue Buoy in Tustin better than Waterworks. YMMV
Different instructors do better with different kids' learning styles.

Info if you'd like it is here:
Blue Buoy - www.bluebuoy.com
1702 Nisson Road  Tustin, CA 92780
(714) 832-8910

-IR2

IrvineRealtor said:
BettyBlue said:

We've liked the lessons at Blue Buoy in Tustin better than Waterworks. YMMV
Different instructors do better with different kids' learning styles.

Info if you'd like it is here:
Blue Buoy - www.bluebuoy.com
1702 Nisson Road  Tustin, CA 92780
(714) 832-8910

-IR2

+1

We use Blue Buoy and have been very happy. Facilities don't look as nice as Waterworks but the teachers are good and the pool is heated year round.

So is 3-4 a good age to introduce them to swimming?  I'm not sure if my 3 year old has the focus for advanced swimming skills.  Only thing she can finish is chocolate ice cream at this time. :)

My kids did beginning swimming at Waterworks and then team/competitive at Nova Aquatics.  Nova has lessons for young kids.  I've seen instructors at Nova with 9 month old babies (and not mommy and me classes- the baby is swimming)

We like WaterWorks... the experience may vary depending on your instructor. The one we used to have (she has moved on) was pretty good and she didn't push the kids to enter into their swim meets.

I've also heard good things about Blue Buoy, if not for their 714 area code we would have used them (just kidding about the area code thing!).

For those that have gone to Blue Buoy, is it as loud and hectic as Waterworks? I took a tour of Waterworks recently and there were 2398429 kids in the pool having lessons, and because the pool was covered, it was super loud and stressful.

traceimage said:
For those that have gone to Blue Buoy, is it as loud and hectic as Waterworks? I took a tour of Waterworks recently and there were 2398429 kids in the pool having lessons, and because the pool was covered, it was super loud and stressful.

BlueBuoy is a smaller facility but it never feels too crowded or stressful. I suppose it can also depend on the time of your lesson as well. You should take a tour and judge for yourself before signing up.

traceimage said:

Waterworks is loud in summer. Winter comes and it's half-empty.

Waterworks is usually louder during the Saturdays they have swim meets (every 2 weeks?) and whenever there is a birthday party.

I like that it's covered and they have multiple pools... although it gets a little stuffy when they don't open the side panels.

We've been going to Waterworks for about 9 months and really like the facilities and instructors.  We haven't checked out any other places so I can't say how it compares.  Saturday's are a zoo.  Sunday's are a little better and during the weekdays it is great.  We are taking the Parent & Me classes and have tried a few instructors and really like Tara and Lexi.

Back