Lakeside Irvine eatery closing Thursday

cameray

The latest establishment to shut down is Waters Restaurant, a lakeside eatery that was once a popular hangout for local politicians and area residents.

waters-restaurant.jpg

Owner Robert Kinney said Wednesday that the 20-year-old restaurant in the Woodbridge neighborhood was in need of major repairs. But, with the shaky economy, the investment didn't seem worth it.

Kinney, who took over ownership of Waters 15 years ago, said he was leasing month to month. Given the economic slowdown over the past two years, Kinney said he thought it was time to call it quits. Last week he told the Irvine Co. and customers that New Year's Eve would be the eatery's last day.

http://fastfood.freedomblogging.com/2009/12/30/lakeside-irvine-eatery-closing-thursday/46747/

Wow... we've only eaten there once but really enjoyed the food and atmosphere.

So many restaurants closing in Irvine yet home prices stay so inflated.

wow, indeed, the place seems to be packed all the time with weddings and parties... we walk by it all the time and it's always bustling...!

What a bummer to hear. I went there for a lunch many years ago and enjoyed it. They had some really affordable party plans, too. I wish them the best of luck.

We considered this place for our wedding awhile back, but they were all booked! I'm surprised to hear them going under. <!-- s:( --:mad:<!-- s:( -->

Back