361 Forest Ave
Ste 103
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
(949) 494-3312
www.thesundriedtomatocafe.com

sundried_tomato1.jpg

sundried_tomato2.jpg

sundried_tomato3.jpg

Please note that the photos are from weekend brunch menu, thus the bread basket is sweet bread and not dinner rolls. The sandwich is lamb and tasted a bit gamy, but the "pound cake french bread" was artierly clogging goodness. Highly recomemnded!

I have a stack of photos that I need to upload and write reviews about. Recently I closed escrow on an investment property and have been attacking it with paint brush and tool box over the past few weeks, so haven't had a lot of time. I also signed up for the 1 month crash course at Laguna Culinary for Jan 2010. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

P.S. I'm looking for an inexpensive floor-standing wine cabinet (say, 12-15+ bottle capacity?). Went to Pottery Barn and fainted at the price. Preferably something better than Ikea and can be picked up locally. There's some nice looking ones on Amazon but I'm not too sure about ordering furniture by mail.

[quote author="momopi"]
P.S. I'm looking for an inexpensive floor-standing wine cabinet (say, 12-15+ bottle capacity?). Went to Pottery Barn and fainted at the price. Preferably something better than Ikea and can be picked up locally. There's some nice looking ones on Amazon but I'm not too sure about ordering furniture by mail.
[/quote]

I got a couple options for you to look at, Momo.

Wine Bar, 24 bottle capacity for $129 :18"Wx13.5"Dx36"H at Cost Plus World Market

Check out Target's bars and wine racks - her e. They have a huge selection!

Example: 12 bottle buffet in black for $145

French Door wine cabinet - 20 bottles, $200

If you like PB, you'll probably like Ballard Designs too. They have:

40 bottle wine console with black granite top for $150

Small console, 8 bottles - comes in 3 colors - for $259. Also available in a larger size

Target doesn't usually have the wine bar stuff in stock at their stores. <!-- s:( --:mad:<!-- s:( --> I was hoping to check out the "wine butler" thingie.

* rolls off to Cost Plus <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Momo, if Cost Plus doesn't work out, swing by Bed, Bath & Beyond!

Here is their wine storage. Looks like a good selection and there is a piece very similar to the CP one but $30 cheaper! (The "modular wine unit" is almost identical to the "Trent Bar" except for the finish.) Bring a 20% off coupon and it would be a smashing deal!

I've seen some at Lowe's too.

Example: 36-bottle rack, $179

[quote author="graphrix"]I have a small and a large wine rack that you can have if you want either of them. [/quote]

Hey Graph, if they're full of wine I'll take both off your Hands ;D

Momo - We have that exact same wine rack. I like it, but ours has started to bow on one side. <!-- s:eek: -->:eek:<!-- s:eek: --> I'm not sure why, but it hasn't broken yet, so I guess we're all good.

I see the cork stuck in a bottle. I think you need a vacu-vin.

Back