Hardwood Floors/Crown Moldings/Tile Work

z4fanatic

I recently purchased a new construction in Brea, the builder (Shea Homes) is charging way too much for upgrades.  Any recommendations on who to use for doing upgrades such as hardwood floors, crown moldings, back-splash tile work?

House is 2200 sq ft total size, and I plan on doing the entire downstairs, upstairs, and stairs in a hand-scraped type of wood. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

z4fanatic said:
I recently purchased a new construction in Brea, the builder (Shea Homes) is charging way too much for upgrades.  Any recommendations on who to use for doing upgrades such as hardwood floors, crown moldings, back-splash tile work?

House is 2200 sq ft total size, and I plan on doing the entire downstairs, upstairs, and stairs in a hand-scraped type of wood. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
For wood flooring, check with Lumbar Liquidators, Venitian Flooring, and Simple Floors.  I don't have a good referral for crown moldings as my dad took care of that for me.  Check out Floor Decor for your tile needs, they have a great selection and good prices.

Martin - I actually checked out lumber liquidators...  They have a hand-scraped oak I really liked, and the color was perfect.  I did some research on google and their reviews are horrible...  Have you had any direct experience with these wholesale lumber type of places?  Also they contract out to a 3rd party for installs, do you have any installers you recommend?  Thanks for all your help.

z4fanatic said:
Martin - I actually checked out lumber liquidators...  They have a hand-scraped oak I really liked, and the color was perfect.  I did some research on google and their reviews are horrible...  Have you had any direct experience with these wholesale lumber type of places?  Also they contract out to a 3rd party for installs, do you have any installers you recommend?  Thanks for all your help.
Yeah, it's a hit or miss with Lumbar Liquidators installations as they contract out to 3rd parties.  That being said, their selection and prices for the materials are very competitive.  Check to see if Tim Lou from Express Blinds in the window covering thread would install the flooring if you buy it from LL.  He had done a few install for a few of my buyers and they were pretty happy with the quality of the work.

PM'd both of you.  Has anyone used him yet?  I've PM'd probably 4 people with his contact in the last few months.  Just wondering what the general feedback is.

woodburyowner said:
PM'd both of you.  Has anyone used him yet?  I've PM'd probably 4 people with his contact in the last few months.  Just wondering what the general feedback is.

I used your guy, I thought it went very well, so far I'm pleased.

irvineshadow said:
woodburyowner said:

Great to hear!  Thanks for the follow-up.

woodburyowner said:
irvineshadow said:
woodburyowner said:

Can I have the contact information? By the way, how much did he charge? Thanks.

woodburyowner said:
irvineshadow said:
woodburyowner said:

I'm looking for crown molding as well. can i get his contact info?

Back