Author Topic: Which credit card do you use the most?  (Read 182859 times)

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2046
  • -Received: 3502
  • 3CWG
Re: Which credit card do you use the most?
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2012, 02:21:37 PM »
Nothing is better than my Visa Black Card. It is not a plastic card but a piece of stiff titanium. Have you seen at a restaurant where the patrons wrestle for the bill? I just pull out my Visa Vlack Card and wave it in front of friends and relatives. That moment of dead silence is priceless among the status chasing and keeping up with the Joneses crowd.

IHS - im surprised you spend the $400-500 annual fee to get this card. This goes against your financial saviness.
He got a Black Card annual fee mod... the taxpayers are subsidizing his status symbol. :)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline irvinehomeshopper

• Thanks
  • -Given: 528
  • -Received: 974
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2012, 05:53:58 PM »
You got to have a Visa Black if you are among the whos who circle.

You obviously have not been following me closely. My buddy owns the company therefore I got it for free. The requirements are more than just paying for the annual fee. To qualify the check list is extensive. If you flash this card the old folks will let you and your dog have the right a way and those LV sales people will ignore the FCBs and take care of you immediately.

Nothing is better than my Visa Black Card. It is not a plastic card but a piece of stiff titanium. Have you seen at a restaurant where the patrons wrestle for the bill? I just pull out my Visa Vlack Card and wave it in front of friends and relatives. That moment of dead silence is priceless among the status chasing and keeping up with the Joneses crowd.

IHS - im surprised you spend the $400-500 annual fee to get this card. This goes against your financial saviness.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 06:00:44 PM by irvinehomeshopper »
"I can only imagine at a house warming party what a total embarrassment it would be to tell the guests that there is no tour because there is no more house to show you because you are standing in the only room in the house. "

Offline rkp

• Thanks
  • -Given: 309
  • -Received: 292
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2012, 06:14:17 PM »

You obviously have not been following me closely. My buddy owns the company therefore I got it for free. The requirements are more than just paying for the annual fee. To qualify the check list is extensive. If you flash this card the old folks will let you and your dog have the right a way and those LV sales people will ignore the FCBs and take care of you immediately.

you are kidding right.  the visa black card is like having the nicest hyundai and thinking you are in the same company as the nicest BMWs or benzs. 

paying an annual fee doesnt get you status...many folks can get a visa black but to get a centurion card, you have to be invited.  wave that in front of people and you will get the status you seek so badly.  the reason people run over to you is because they are fooled by your visa black....

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2416
  • -Received: 1524
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2012, 06:48:24 PM »

i have received the visa black card application many times and i toss it in the trash each time, while i consider myself to be a big baller relative to most of the population, i would be a non-baller when compared to the real big ballers.  the annual fee is killer and dont really care for the benefits it provides.  but you bring up a good point about getting the right of way while walking the dog. if the asian folks would move out of the way, i just may get it and hang on a lanyard and put around my neck   :)

• Thanks
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2012, 07:23:46 PM »
The card is exclusive to 1% of the population so it comes with the prestige. It does translate to good and attentive service. However at Luscious dumplings a cash only place I can't get away flashing my black card. Since the card is free I take advantage of a friendship. I am a status hungry whore stereotyped by naive people living outside of irvine. I am only living up to the reputation. :D
"I can only imagine at a house warming party what a total embarrassment it would be to tell the guests that there is no tour because there is no more house to show you because you are standing in the only room in the house. "

Offline zovall

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 414
  • -Received: 144
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2012, 09:03:46 PM »
you are kidding right.  the visa black card is like having the nicest hyundai and thinking you are in the same company as the nicest BMWs or benzs. 

paying an annual fee doesnt get you status...many folks can get a visa black but to get a centurion card, you have to be invited.  wave that in front of people and you will get the status you seek so badly.  the reason people run over to you is because they are fooled by your visa black....

IHS, usually I get what you are saying but this time I'm not so sure.  It is very cool that you are buddies with the owner of the Visa Black Card.  But rkp has it right that people are fooled into thinking it is the Amex Centurion.  Same people who might confuse

with

Eh.. what do I know.. I'm much more likely to buy a Hyundai than use a Visa Black card.  ;)

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2046
  • -Received: 3502
  • 3CWG
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2012, 09:23:06 PM »
Speaking of Hyundai:
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com

Offline ps9

• Thanks
  • -Given: 464
  • -Received: 1193
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2012, 09:50:38 PM »
Just got my AMEX spg card.. anyone want to sign up, let me refer you. we'll split the 5000 points 50-50.. i can gift the points to you on the spg.com site.  I need some points to get the W in Boston..

Offline rkp

• Thanks
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2012, 09:56:06 PM »
Just got my AMEX spg card.. anyone want to sign up, let me refer you. we'll split the 5000 points 50-50.. i can gift the points to you on the spg.com site.  I need some points to get the W in Boston..

this thread is going to turn into a referral thread...sorry for starting

ps9 - that wont work.  you can only transfer starpoints to someone with the same address as you...

Offline ps9

• Thanks
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2012, 10:05:45 PM »
shhh!  don't tell anyone.. there goes my plan.. :)

anyways, thanks for pointing that out.. but that give me another idea.. I can pool my wife's points with mine now since we got separate new accounts.. hello W hotel..

Offline zovall

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 414
  • -Received: 144

Offline ps9

• Thanks
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2012, 09:32:28 AM »
@rpk or anyone else with spg, anyone try dining at Pinot Provence inside SCP Westin?  No corkage, decent reviews, and you get extra spg points

• Thanks
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2012, 12:06:12 PM »
I totally agree with you the Visa Black is no Amex Centurian.

I have another comparison the Visa Black is like a loaded motorcourt Mcmansion home and the Centurian is the SFR with the garage at the back with its own motorcourt.

IHS, usually I get what you are saying but this time I'm not so sure.  It is very cool that you are buddies with the owner of the Visa Black Card.  But rkp has it right that people are fooled into thinking it is the Amex Centurion.  Same people who might confuse

with

Eh.. what do I know.. I'm much more likely to buy a Hyundai than use a Visa Black card.  ;)

Offline rkp

• Thanks
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2012, 09:45:07 PM »
@rpk or anyone else with spg, anyone try dining at Pinot Provence inside SCP Westin?  No corkage, decent reviews, and you get extra spg points

i have not eaten their but you bring up a good reminder...enjoy the restaurants at starwood properties for triple starpoints per dollar.  when i was a point junkie, i made sure my customer dinners were at hotel restaurants

Offline LAtoOC

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 12
  • -Received: 50
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2012, 02:14:52 PM »
I totally agree with you the Visa Black is no Amex Centurian.

And remember, Neiman Marcus only takes the American Express card and NOT Visa.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: KB Home Genoa at OH by thecolt
[Today at 09:54:59 AM]

Re: Toll Brothers Customer Service by NYT
[Today at 09:23:15 AM]

Re: Snowflakes by morekaos
[Today at 08:05:42 AM]