I need a DVD player...what to do....?

elgringo

I need to buy a DVD player.  I am not much of an audiophile (how disappointing, I know).  I asked my colleagues about it.  Many of them said just to get a basic model that can play BluRay discs while others said to buy a PlayStation.  I've never owned a gaming system (how disappointing, I know) so I am not inclined to do that.  I would rather spend the extra money on Asian food (how reassuring, I know).

So...any ideas on must have features for a DVD player?

Built-in WiFi with some streaming apps if your TV doesn't already have them.

Most of the time our PS3 player is being used for Netflix... so you should save the money since most BD players are less than $100 now.

Some players can also connect USB devices to play mpg, avi, divx and other types of video files.  Those can be great to play the home made videos off your phone, digital camera, video recorder... or ripped movies.

saw some cheap blu ray players at costco <$100 that has built in wifi.. i still believe we're moving towards a media-free, internet only future.. so my rec is to get a TV with wifi built in and stream Netflix or Crackle or Hulu or youtube... more then enough to enjoy..

I have quite a few movies "backed up" on DVD, but has never watched it more then once, hard to find the movie you want if you got tons of binders of movies with no way to categorize or sort them (without spending a lot of time).  I also don't recommend PS3 unless you're into gaming.. such a hassle, everytime we turn it on, it needs to update (i believe for piracy prevention reasons)... takes the fun out of watching Netflix when you got to wait 15 minutes...

Back