Author Topic: Where to live in Irvine?  (Read 33414 times)

Offline akkord

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 117
Re: Where to live in Irvine?
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2021, 08:57:37 PM »

reviing old thread- is El camino real thaaaaat bad.

for current residents - how are you liking/hating it? i know its older but no meloroos or hoa seems like a huge plus to me.

Aside from lacking the normal irvine curb appeal - is there a compromise in regards to safety/crime?

4 very busy roads that square it off with Culver, Jeffery, Irvine Ctr Dr, and Walnut, then you have the train tracks that run through the middle of it.  For me the noise pollution from the roads or train tracks is a no go.  That and the curb appeal isn't great.  I only know one family that lives there, and they don't mind it, said their neighbors are great. 

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2522
  • -Received: 2020
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2021, 09:06:47 PM »
For up to 1 million dollar budget and SFR, in Irvine (and IUSD), this is my recommendation, in order:
New/Newer:
1. Northwood Pointe
2. Cortona at Laguna Altura
3. Maricopa at Stonegate
4. The Field at Lambert Ranch (if you don't mind the Landfill, cell tower and toll roads)
5. Northwood II
6. Northpark (TUSD though)
7. Woodbury (if you don't mind the worst schools in IUSD and live with section 8 housing residents)

Old:
1. Turtle Rock, upper fixer
2. West Park I that is zoned to University HS but not too close to 405
3. Woodbridge (for the fake lakes)

Outside of Irvine, I will look into Tustin Ranch. I did not include Quail Hill or Turtle Ridge because decent SFR under 1 mill are hard to find in those areas.

In general, SFRs that are in good location and updated, zoned to University HS or Northwood HS, are in high demand in Irvine.

Avoid these areas at all cost
1. El Camino Real
2. Walnut
3. Deer Field
4. College Park

for current residents - how are you liking/hating it? i know its older but no meloroos or hoa seems like a huge plus to me.

Aside from lacking the normal irvine curb appeal - is there a compromise in regards to safety/crime?

The El Camino and Walnut homes are seeing a renaissance in the post covid world as buyers are looking for single-family homes with above average sized lots.  I've made offers on several homes that I've been outbid on this year as there were 10-15 offers on each home.  The no Mello Roos and no/low HOA is another big driver for the buyers that are bidding on the homes there.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Offline irviniteeee

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 35
  • -Received: 49
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2021, 12:29:59 PM »
For up to 1 million dollar budget and SFR, in Irvine (and IUSD), this is my recommendation, in order:
New/Newer:
1. Northwood Pointe
3. Maricopa at Stonegate
4. The Field at Lambert Ranch (if you don't mind the Landfill, cell tower and toll roads)
5. Northwood II
7. Woodbury (if you don't mind the worst schools in IUSD and live with section 8 housing residents)

Old:

Outside of Irvine, I will look into Tustin Ranch. I did not include Quail Hill or Turtle Ridge because decent SFR under 1 mill are hard to find in those areas.

In general, SFRs that are in good location and updated, zoned to University HS or Northwood HS, are in high demand in Irvine.

1. El Camino Real
2. Walnut
3. Deer Field
4. College Park

When it comes to El Camino, it's hit or miss. I don't care for the Willows or El Camino Glen all that much. I like Greentree, The Ranch, and Deerfield. I have a friend who's lived in The Ranch for nearly 30 years and loves it. There are some nice lots in there, and the neighbors are generally very nice. It's one of those communities where some residents have lived there since the community was brand new and look out for one another. It's very quiet and convenient to freeways and major streets.

Safety and crime is not heightened in El Camino vs anywhere else. There is crime all over Irvine, it's just not widely broadcasted. Download the NextDoor app and you will see.

Offline incrediblehau

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 2
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2021, 09:22:19 PM »
“Renaissance”

I like the sound of that...

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline anteaterscientist

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Received: 1
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2021, 09:10:49 PM »
New/Newer:
1. Northwood Pointe
3. Maricopa at Stonegate
5. Northwood II

Old:

1. El Camino Real
2. Walnut
3. Deer Field
4. College Park

The El Camino and Walnut homes are seeing a renaissance in the post covid world as buyers are looking for single-family homes with above average sized lots.  I've made offers on several homes that I've been outbid on this year as there were 10-15 offers on each home.  The no Mello Roos and no/low HOA is another big driver for the buyers that are bidding on the homes there.

No kidding... looked at a place in El Camino and the person showing me the place (doing a favor for a relative who couldn't make it) said there were 25 offers on the home. Coincidently, the listing agent was the co-worker of the person who took me to the place.

Offline incrediblehau

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2021, 05:47:07 PM »
Was it Bermuda cir?

Offline anteaterscientist

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Received: 1
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2021, 07:21:32 PM »
Was it Bermuda cir?

It wasn't... if you were asking me

Offline irvineband

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 27
  • -Received: 10
« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2021, 05:25:04 PM »
When you realize what you have in the Ranch area it is awesome. Great location! No hoa or mello roos. Nice large streets and lots. You can remodel or build what you want. It is a wonderful spot. This site tends to push only the new stuff but I think that is a mistake. Older neighborhoods are a great option. I love Woodbridge and the Ranch but for different reasons.

Offline irviniteeee

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2021, 06:34:22 PM »
When you realize what you have in the Ranch area it is awesome. Great location! No hoa or mello roos. Nice large streets and lots. You can remodel or build what you want. It is a wonderful spot. This site tends to push only the new stuff but I think that is a mistake. Older neighborhoods are a great option. I love Woodbridge and the Ranch but for different reasons.

Yeah, I'm a fan of The Ranch. It has nice paseos that go through the community and is very quiet. Sure, there are some eyesores or homes that aren't as well-kept in the neighborhood, but that's almost a non-issue. It's one of the neighborhoods where your neighbors look out for you and actually talk to you. Great place to be if you're looking for a sense of community.

Offline incrediblehau

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2021, 08:34:05 PM »
We are going to be in el Camino glen. Definitely know what you mean by “eye sores”

I wanted a community with zero hoa but that’s the price you pay by not paying...

Offline irviniteeee

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2021, 10:45:11 PM »
We are going to be in el Camino glen. Definitely know what you mean by “eye sores”

I wanted a community with zero hoa but that’s the price you pay by not paying...

Enjoy your new home! The lack of HOA means people can do what they please with their home, but as long as the eyesore isn't your next door neighbor then it's probably easy to ignore.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: Apple New Products by aquabliss
[Today at 02:03:13 AM]

Re: Where the market is - Buyer Offers by USCTrojanCPA
[Today at 12:15:59 AM]

Re: Where the market is - Buyer Offers by USCTrojanCPA
[Today at 12:11:18 AM]