Author Topic: Where to live in Irvine?  (Read 33417 times)

Offline abcd1234

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 55
  • -Received: 38
Re: Where to live in Irvine?
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 12:54:41 PM »
I would have said Turtle Rock, but $1 million doesn't get you much there.  You have a large home in the Midwest, and what you could get in TRock for $1 million would be a much smaller home + all the remodelling that needs to be done.

Since the job is inland- I would say somewhere in Northwood/Northpark Square/Tustin Ranch or North Tustin.

Why hasn't anyone said Tustin Field as that goes to Stone Creek/Woodbridge

Offline qwerty

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2725
  • -Received: 1808
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 01:28:00 PM »
somewhere where there's a large Latino community. 

what you talking bout Willis?

Offline OCgasman

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 90
  • -Received: 237
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2012, 01:41:49 PM »
Also, I believe the new apartments in Cypress Village along Jeffrey will be zones to Canyon View Elementary because it's less impacted than Stonegate Elementary.  I know some parents in the Canyon View neighborhood that are very unhappy about that.  Keep this in mind when looking for a home in that area.

Offline roundcorners

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 62
  • -Received: 37
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012, 01:44:43 PM »
We are moving to Irvine (for the public schools) from the midwest.  We are looking for a SFR up to 1mill.  We are willing to do some work if we must.  We would like an area where people come out of their homes and has a real neighborhood feel.  Next year the kids will be in 5th and 8th grade it would be great if the neighborhood had kids around their age (not all older folks or new couples).  Any help would be appreciated. 

in irvine, that "real neighborhood feel" or neighbors who come out of their homes decreases home values, not increase them...
Los Angeles...  Android...  Happy  ~RC

Offline IrvineNewby

• Thanks
  • -Given: 4
  • -Received: 1
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 02:44:31 PM »
Thanks for all the info.  Lots to think over. 

Offline whatever

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 24
  • -Received: 39
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2012, 02:50:34 PM »

Just from my observation, areas in Orange County where the Latino population is high, you see a lot more kids out and about enjoying parks, playing soccer, hanging out with friends, having a normal childhood.  The only time I see kids in Irvine is at Costco where they're sitting by books while their parents shop.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline whatever

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 24
  • -Received: 39
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2012, 02:51:45 PM »

Just from my observation, areas in Orange County where the Latino population is high, you see a lot more kids out and about enjoying parks, playing soccer, hanging out with friends, having a normal childhood.  The only time I see kids in Irvine is at Costco where they're sitting on the floor by books oblivious to people who want to get their cart by them while their parents shop.

Offline irvinehomeshopper

• Thanks
  • -Given: 531
  • -Received: 985
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2012, 03:20:00 PM »
Going from a .33 acre yard to a.33 yard yard will be a big culture shock. The only area where you will find kids playing outside of their homes are neighborhood  with younger families. Hence younger families are pretty much price restricted to entry level homes then only the newer communities offer products that satisfy the lower price point. Woodbury, Woodbury East, and Stonegate are such villages with an array of entry level products. However you will have to live among mostly if not all yellow skin neighbors. Some Asian families might allow their kids play in the public parks but they are within an arm length from the parents or grand parents. The mature communities with a much higher price point and the affordable single level home communities (mostly on the "avoid list") are better suited for the mature families in both price point or lifestyle thus lacking the young population congregating at the local park or street.

Kids congregating on the street like Santa Ana is perceived as negative and ghetto like. RC mentioned that it hurts home value. The dichotomy of having both is virtually non existence in this city.
"I can only imagine at a house warming party what a total embarrassment it would be to tell the guests that there is no tour because there is no more house to show you because you are standing in the only room in the house. "

Offline IrvineNewby

• Thanks
  • -Given: 4
  • -Received: 1
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2012, 03:46:27 PM »
Alrighty then.  I'm not talking about a bunch of hoodlums hanging out by their cars. 
What about sitting on front porches with a glass of wine, walking dogs - saying hi to neighbors?  Any of that?

• Thanks
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2012, 04:00:29 PM »
I just fell off my Aeron Chair reading this.

I dare members to come up with pictures of Irvine houses where there is a front porch with funtional furniture off living room doors and not the god awful token 3' porch with a dust collector bench that you can't even get to from the living room and have to go outside the secured front door.

You are asking for the impossible Newby!

I can recommend you a neighborhood not far from Irvine where there are over 50% of the homes either have adirondacks underneath the front porch, on the front lawn or underneath a tree house.
"I can only imagine at a house warming party what a total embarrassment it would be to tell the guests that there is no tour because there is no more house to show you because you are standing in the only room in the house. "

Offline New Name

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 36
  • -Received: 45
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2012, 04:00:39 PM »
[insert jim mora sr. voice] porches? we talking about porches?  I just want a driveway

or allen iverson version:

porches? We talking about porches man. Not the driveway that i gave up, not the patio yard that I live and die for. we're talking about porches man.

I think you would still be happy if you broadened your search to all of OC, or even Socal.  Also, if they are really going to be working in the inland empire, there are some cities right on before you cross over to Riverside county such as Anaheim Hills and Yorba Linda.

Offline Homer_Simpson

• CERTIFIED FCB
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 729
  • -Received: 738
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2012, 04:09:00 PM »
What is a porch? We only have portico here and it is not wide enough for most mid westerners.

You need to attend the Irvine cultural revolution seminar!

It's a sport car I believe!  What do I win?
#FARM

• Thanks
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2012, 04:17:14 PM »
What is a porch? We only have portico here and it is not wide enough for most mid westerners.

Has anyone done a gift prank on you like you receiving this big gift wrapped in gorgeous paper and found inside and inside and inside a serie of smaller boxes. When you get to the last tiny box inside that will be your house and lot. The seller will try to convince you that is the small aqua blue box from Tiffany.

• Thanks
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2012, 04:18:27 PM »
You mean Porche?

Offline Homer_Simpson

• CERTIFIED FCB
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 729
  • -Received: 738
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2012, 04:25:29 PM »
You mean Porche?

Nope, thats the chinese sports car.
#FARM

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: Apple New Products by aquabliss
[Today at 02:03:13 AM]

Re: Where the market is - Buyer Offers by USCTrojanCPA
[Today at 12:15:59 AM]

Re: Where the market is - Buyer Offers by USCTrojanCPA