Dieting

socal78

I am divorcing ice cream. I hope one day we can be friends.

This is what I have around instead. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

41KDXMf1u5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Yes, you read that right. Mint Chocolate Chip. It tastes a LOT like the ice cream. The mint is more subtle than say, a Wrigley's spearmint. The chocolate is present but not overwhelming or too "fake". It's very good! Each stick is 5 calories and has 2 grams of carbs.

This is the best invention. EVER!! Try it and let me know what you think!

It turns out Extra has made a whole slew of dessert flavors.

I haven't tried the others... yet!

5951896921_47d78d74fb.jpg

irvinehomeowner said:
No gum can replace ice cream... or donuts... or cupcakes.

Promise me you'll try it before you decide.

And honestly - we would all feel better chewing this rather than experiencing a huge insulin dump after doing a face-plant into a plate of cupcakes. I don't know about you, but I can't eat just one.  ??? Then again, this isn't a concern for you. You can eat all the carbs you want and nobody would care. Some of us have to hit the brakes while we still can.  ;)

We've tried those... specifically Strawberry Shortcake and Orange Creme Pop.

But not as a replacement... just as gum.

I can't really see gum as an alternative for any of those things they are flavor-mimicking... I never think about chewing gum when I want a dessert. Although... Seoul Garden Korean BBQ used to give you this awesome watermelon gum with your check. The flavor only lasted 12 seconds but it almost makes you want to swallow the gum (like Gatorade gum).

Speaking of ice cream flavors (ooof... really tanking this diet thread)... I came across Kroger Deluxe Banana Split Ice Cream at Ralph's and decided to give it a try (used to love banana splits that came in a boat from Baskins (?) when I was a yoot). I'm not a big ice cream eater... but this thing will convert me... banana, pineapple, cherry, walnuts and fudge... yummy.

Darn you, Iho! It's time like these I wish I didn't live within walking distance of a Ralph's! Oh my gosh. That sounds amazing.  :'( I'm typing from the freezer section right now.

Btw, just to clarify earlier. I didn't mean to make it sound like your weight is too far gone to do anything about, as though "what's one more pound" or something like that. I read it back to myself and that's what it looked like. What I meant to say is that nobody would think of you differently if you were heavier. I'm sure you know what I meant.

I'm not a big gum chewer.  I grind my teeth enough at night that I have a mouth guard when I sleep.  I don't need to add more grinding during the day.  I've always been horrible at dieting and can't keep on one.  So what I have been doing is lowering the portions that I eat and drink more water.  I've been feeling a bit more hungry at times, but I can tell that my stomach is slowly shrinking.  I get full faster.  I've been slowing losing weight.  I've known people at work that have gone through a gastric bypass surgery for health reasons and have lost a ton of weight.

As for the Sensa diet, I don't know much about it.. but WebMD doesn't talk too highly of ithttp://www.webmd.com/diet/features/truth-about-sensa

irvinehomeowner said:
I came across Kroger Deluxe Banana Split Ice Cream at Ralph's and decided to give it a try (used to love banana splits that came in a boat from Baskins (?) when I was a yoot). I'm not a big ice cream eater... but this thing will convert me... banana, pineapple, cherry, walnuts and fudge... yummy.

I'm up 2 lbs. Tried walking it off all week. No worky. The empty carton won. You're a bad, BAD man. :'(

SoCal78 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I came across Kroger Deluxe Banana Split Ice Cream at Ralph's and decided to give it a try (used to love banana splits that came in a boat from Baskins (?) when I was a yoot). I'm not a big ice cream eater... but this thing will convert me... banana, pineapple, cherry, walnuts and fudge... yummy.

I'm up 2 lbs. Tried walking it off all week. No worky. The empty carton won. You're a bad, BAD man. :'(

this will help you add a couple of more pounds.  they will be in your neighborhood on saturday. i recommend the sloppy tots, they are so good.
http://www.theburnttruck.com/site/

SoCal78 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I just bought another carton a few days ago... I think I'm addicted.

qwerty said:
this will help you add a couple of more pounds.  they will be in your neighborhood on saturday. i recommend the sloppy tots, they are so good.
http://www.theburnttruck.com/site/

Interesting! The hours are a bit surprising to me, for example 8:30-11:30 a.m. Can't imagine waking up first thing in the morning and saying, "Mmmm. Gotta have some Sloppy Tots. :-*"... or even earlier than that to beat the crowds. Their menu seems more like a lunch or dinner type of thing.

Back