Author Topic: Realistic Childcare Options in Irvine  (Read 7468 times)

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2776
  • -Received: 4104
  • 3CWG
Re: Realistic Childcare Options in Irvine
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2022, 07:43:43 AM »
Just want to bump up this thread, and see if there are some updated recommendations of daycares/preschools for 1 year old. My son is 1 year old and I have checked with University/northwood Montessori, Kindercare, Good Shepard, St. John's Episcopal School. But they all have a long waitlist.

Maybe try the new one that’s opening where the Barnes and Noble in Woodbridge used to be. New school means no or smaller waitlist. I think it’s called Piper Preschool - opens fall.

I read on NextDoor that was defeated. I should re-check.

Don't let the long waitlists deter you if those are the schools you prefer. Check back often and in person... childcare facilities do have some churn and if you are available to fill a slot, they might take you ahead of others (instead of having to go through the trouble of calling through the waitlist). I guess it's kind of like the new homes "waitlists". :)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline bones

• Thanks
  • -Given: 213
  • -Received: 1192
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2022, 08:05:23 AM »
Just want to bump up this thread, and see if there are some updated recommendations of daycares/preschools for 1 year old. My son is 1 year old and I have checked with University/northwood Montessori, Kindercare, Good Shepard, St. John's Episcopal School. But they all have a long waitlist.

Maybe try the new one that’s opening where the Barnes and Noble in Woodbridge used to be. New school means no or smaller waitlist. I think it’s called Piper Preschool - opens fall.

I read on NextDoor that was defeated. I should re-check.

Don't let the long waitlists deter you if those are the schools you prefer. Check back often and in person... childcare facilities do have some churn and if you are available to fill a slot, they might take you ahead of others (instead of having to go through the trouble of calling through the waitlist). I guess it's kind of like the new homes "waitlists". :)

Oh interesting. I read there was opposition. Agree with churn and maybe find out if any other ones are opening. With all the new homes and the demographics, there’s bound to be something coming down the pipeline.

Offline iacrenter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 468
  • -Received: 715
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2022, 10:46:32 AM »
Vesting map for Orchard Hills 4 suggest a daycare will be built next to the fire station. Not sure of the timeline.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal