[IHB] What Would $750,000 buy in Irvine?

One thing that isnt taken into account is that the Portola Springs listing (54 Land Grant) is actually the model for Sevilla Plan 2. Normal price for that plan was around 600K. So for750K you can get a fully furnished new home wiht upgrades.

Now are all those upgrades worth the extra 150K price tag? Thats a different story.

kubert13 said:
One thing that isnt taken into account is that the Portola Springs listing (54 Land Grant) is actually the model for Sevilla Plan 2. Normal price for that plan was around 600K. So for750K you can get a fully furnished new home wiht upgrades.

Now are all those upgrades worth the extra 150K price tag? Thats a different story.

It's also a new house while some of the others are pretty old (Woodbridge). But then Portola Springs has it's own set of other issues (IHS has a list on another thread). Each one of those condos has it's own issues that way..

Personally, if I am paying $750k, I would look for a single family home..

Yes, Ive been keeping up with all the comments about Potty, i mean Portoilet, i mean Portola Springs.

I agree that 750K should at least warrant a driveway and backyard.

Model homes are overpriced - the flooring either has minor or major damages due to heavy foot traffic. Paying extra taxes for those $150k is pretty un-wise.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Paying $750k for that Sevilla condo is insane.  The builder's upgrades are worth less than .40-.50 on the dollar.

Cubic Zirconia said:
IHS/USC/IR- are there any San Simeon SFRs in North Park? Per my research none, but somebody is insisting that theirs is a SFR, not a detached condo.

Looking over satellite maps, there is one house that has it own driveway..  It up against the freeway on Talmadge.  Does your "friend" own that property?  Legal description would still have it as a detached condo, even if it satisfies SFR requirements.  Is that correct IR/USC?

irvinehomeshopper said:
$750k is a one room house with a driveway and a door 12" from it.

Perhaps it's meant for people with bicycles only. 12" will be good enough to park the bicycles, and the junk can stay safe in the garage.

ps9 said:
Cubic Zirconia said:
IHS/USC/IR- are there any San Simeon SFRs in North Park? Per my research none, but somebody is insisting that theirs is a SFR, not a detached condo.

Looking over satellite maps, there is one house that has it own driveway..  It up against the freeway on Talmadge.  Does your "friend" own that property?  Legal description would still have it as a detached condo, even if it satisfies SFR requirements.  Is that correct IR/USC?

No. It's not that property. The Talmadge property is also classified as detached condo if I am not wrong.. I remember researching it for the blog.
Redfin confirms even Talmadge is a detached condo..

How common is it for one or a few homes in a tract to be classified differently than the other homes? Wouldn't it have different HOA and insurance rules too?

I think if most of the homes are condos... ALL of them are condos.

There is no SFD in San Simeon. The one at Meadow Valley and Talmadge is still a detached condo eventhough this home lives exactly like a SFD but the infrastructure such as sewer and water share the same main with several neighbors.

ps9 said:
Cubic Zirconia said:

It depends on what the tract of homes is designated as.  You can have a few exceptions with home that have large setbacks, a large backyard, and a full driveway within the tract (so it looks and feels like a detached SFR and not a detached condo) but if the tract is designed to be detached condos then all of the homes will be classified as detached condos.

irvinehomeowner said:
How common is it for one or a few homes in a tract to be classified differently than the other homes? Wouldn't it have different HOA and insurance rules too?

BINGO on your second part.

irvinehomeowner said:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMRo5XCKddQ[/youtube]

to add:

Not all homes on Talmadge are in the same tract. Some are in San Simeon, and some are in Auburn.
Not all homes in a tract must be the same (attached or detached). Due to some terrain constraints, builders will often have space for an extra # of units to be squeezed in. 

Trivia question: How many detached units are there in Summerplace (West Irvine)?

-IrvineRealtor

Back