Home for Christmas?

roundcorners

#1 - I practically spend more time on the freeways than visiting people

#2 - We usually visit a few homes; but we never celebrate Christmas at home

#3 - We have Christmas at home in the morning and spend the afternoon visiting people

#4 - We just visit one residence in the morning and spend the entire day there

#5 - We celebrate Christmas on a previous date; and some combination of the above on X-mas day

#6 - Our Christmas is usually some combination of the above; it varies year to year

#7 - I don't get off of MY couch on Christmas day; we make everyone come to us

I have never celebrated Christmas at my own home. I have practically live in an apartment for the majority of my life now; and for Christmas I am usually out the door by 9am in the morning and not home till 10pm.

Being married is actually no different. In the five years we've been married; our Christmas activity has basically doubled! We average visiting three or four households, running around across town. Now that we have a kid, our activity has again increased. The only difference now, try to fit in two naps, two feedings and two nursing sessions; having one stressed out day is an understatement.

That is one thing about owning your own home. Our friends down the street make their families and friends visit them. I guess that is one perk of home ownership. They announce their Christmas plans and just play host all day; that is something that the wife and I are looking forward to. We can't wait to own, start our own traditions and just sit on my couch the whole day. What about you?

Back