[IHB] Rising Sun and the Midnight Sky

28 Rising Sun will never sell anywhere near that price.  I know someone who recently bought a Port2 model....  at nowhere NEAR that price..    I like the floorplan, as its good for a family with 2 kids.  Plus you get the desk area (if it was built in) in the upstairs hallway (predecessor to the "tech space) to serve as a psuedo den. 

akim997 said:
28 Rising Sun will never sell anywhere near that price.  I know someone who recently bought a Port2 model....  at nowhere NEAR that price..    I like the floorplan, as its good for a family with 2 kids.  Plus you get the desk area (if it was built in) in the upstairs hallway (predecessor to the "tech space) to serve as a psuedo den. 
28 Rising Sun at $828,888 (FCB numbers!) doesn't seem much better than 59 Midnight Sky (closed at $722,500)... both are corner lots, Midnight Sky actually has a larger lot... maybe because Rising Sun is across from the pool, it can garner $100k more?

I've been following Portisol models over the years and it seems like the over/under for Port2s is about $725-750k now... and that's even with nice upgrades, backyard landscaping and a corner lot.

And with Rosemoor 1s hitting the $725k mark... that's not good news for Portisols. I think this Portisol 4 that's "pending" might be a low watermark once it closes:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/49-Rising-Sun-92620/home/5950664

I don't see many Port4s for sale and it originally listed for $799k, if it closes anywhere near its current $725k, in the words of comedian Russell Peter's dad... "Somebody gonna get a hurt real bad".

as I alluded in the other thread,  people are slowly realizing while Woodbury looks new and shiny but the schools suck hence the price correction death spiral.

irvinehomeowner said:
akim997 said:
28 Rising Sun at $828,888 (FCB numbers!) doesn't seem much better than 59 Midnight Sky (closed at $722,500)... both are corner lots, Midnight Sky actually has a larger lot... maybe because Rising Sun is across from the pool, it can garner $100k more?

I've been following Portisol models over the years and it seems like the over/under for Port2s is about $725-750k now... and that's even with nice upgrades, backyard landscaping and a corner lot.

And with Rosemoor 1s hitting the $725k mark... that's not good news for Portisols. I think this Portisol 4 that's "pending" might be a low watermark once it closes:

I don't see many Port4s for sale and it originally listed for $799k, if it closes anywhere near its current $725k, in the words of comedian Russell Peter's dad... "Somebody gonna get a hurt real bad".

I read from somewhere that Woodbury has HK density. Could the large village population hurt property value when the effect of final built out takes its toll on quality of life?

The Motor Court Company said:
as I alluded in the other thread,  people are slowly realizing while Woodbury looks new and shiny but the schools suck hence the price correction death spiral.

irvinehomeowner said:
akim997 said:

Back