Garden Hill and Sage in Portola Springs

The Motor Court Company

Just came upon this from Irvine's planning commission's upcoming agenda:
http://irvinequickrecords.com/SIREPUB/view.aspx?cabinet=published_meetings&fileid=13208202

Apparently TIC is planning to build more motor court homes in Portola Springs - 81 detached condoes (Sage) and 93 detached single famliy homes with a driveway (Garden Hill,  similar layout to Montecito ). 

Sage:
Plan 1 1697 sqft 3BR/2.5BA
Plan 2 1878 sqft 3BR/2.5BA
Plan 3 1975 sqft 3BR/2.5BA

Garden Hill:
Plan 1 2646 sqft 4BR/3BA
Plan 2 2809 sqft 4BR/3BA
Plan 3 3174 sqft 5BR/4BA
Plan 3x 3352 sqft 5BR/4.5BA

3000+ sqft  motor court homes...5 feet setbacks in the first floor......my user name is quite fitting here....

According to the evil Empire, motor court homes are "popular"  because of less/no front yard maintenance for the home owners...less parking space also encourages healthy habit of walking more.....

I believe these were the plans presented by Barb at the paid surveys..  So this will sandwich Lambert Ranch with Las Colinas.. 

yeah, if TIC thinks that 2,500sf+ motor court homes will be "popular"  because of less/no front yard maintenance for the home owners....I got a bridge to sell them.  ::)

USCTrojanCPA said:
yeah, if TIC thinks that 2,500sf+ motor court homes will be "popular"  because of less/no front yard maintenance for the home owners....I got a bridge to sell them.  ::)

I don't know USCTrojan. People find more value in cars because they have less horse power and cylinders right? Less gas, less maintenance, less chance for speeding tickets! I'm going to go and buy my $90,000 2012 Honda Civic right now.

It will be interesting to see what they price the bigger Garden Hill at.

Motorcourt+Mellos Roos = ?

It better be less than $900k because Lambert Ranch is around the corner.

They should have called it Grovefield Hill to confuse the buyers.

And, of course, being Irvine Pacific, you already know the floorplans: Just look at any of their other current developments, and it'll be a recycled floorplan.

Interesting...
Looks like these motor court homes have parking space in front of garage
They got rid of tiny backyard, instead added parking space
But 5 ft to the wall on all three sides for Plan 1?
Why don't they just build townhouses?

Irvine_Dreamer said:
Interesting...
Looks like these motor court homes have parking space in front of garage
They got rid of tiny backyard, instead added parking space
too many motor court homes nowadays....what you are refering to is called the driveway

why are they being so generous with the 5 ft around each side of the house? if they are targeting asians they should just do 3 ft on each side of the house, asians are smaller and dont have obesity problems like white people.

qwerty said:
why are they being so generous with the 5 ft around each side of the house? if they are targeting asians they should just do 3 ft on each side of the house, asians are smaller and dont have obesity problems like white people.
I know man, I might get stuck trying to walk through a 3 foot area.

I like how they mitigate the visitor parking issues by potentially rebranding the SFR's as detached condominiums to avoid the general ordinance requirements.  It is also interesting how they are measuring the rear yard setback from the second floor (10') to offset the short 5' backyards (from 1st floor).

Based on footprint of the detached condos, expect a reincarnation of WBE's Coronado.  I don't think these will be built by Irvine Pacific. 

Garden Hill will be substantially less than Lambert Ranch since the TNHC paid a premium for the land (compared to today).  The two products are very different, but Larry Webb and team will still have to pull down their pants to attract buyers.  I don't think a wok room will get the job done on its own.

After consulting with Master Lin Yun. He concluded Lambert Hill would be very bad for fertility and "Sha Chi" inhibits growth and lives. I will now have to look at other locations for birth tourism venue.

Certainly don't want miscarriages and birth complications. That will be bad for business if the words got out the hospice is riddled with bad feng shui.

Back