24 Hour Fitness Lakeshore Towers - Men's Locker Room Break In

elgringo

Hello,

I stopped by 24 Hour Fitness Lakeshore Towers around 3:30 today and saw a few police cars.  Someone broke into a locker and made off with someone's cash.  The police officers said this is becoming a larger problem in many cities.  I suggest taking only what you need to take to go into the gym.  Unfortunately, I have heard the same thing is happening to cars parked at gyms.

elgringo said:
Hello,

I stopped by 24 Hour Fitness Lakeshore Towers around 3:30 today and saw a few police cars.  Someone broke into a locker and made off with someone's cash.  The police officers said this is becoming a larger problem in many cities.  I suggest taking only what you need to take to go into the gym.  Unfortunately, I have heard the same thing is happening to cars parked at gyms.
That's why when I go to the gym (usually late at night), I just bring only my membership card and driver's license.

the lakeshore towers gym is the ultra sport right?  thats really sad that a place with $100+ monthly membership has members that steal...

I'm really bummed about this.  I've been going to this gym for several years.  I've gotten to know a lot of the people there by sight.  I go there several times a week to wind down from work.    It's hard to believe someone would do this.

For about a month now, there's been a sign on the front entrance of The Irvine Raquet Club alerting members to theft and to lock your vehicles.

A friend of mine got hit by one of these guys in Manhattan Beach.  It was actually pretty ingenious.  the perp would drag around a bag full of locks.  He would visit a club, watch for wallets in lockers then snap the lock, rifle the locker and replace the lock with an identical one.  While the poor victim spent an hour trying to open "his" lock the perp would get away.  Most people would try to open the lock for a good hour before sheepishly seeking help from the gym.  I mark my lock now so I know its mine.

That is pretty clever!  I spoke with the club manager about the break in.  He said they are looking at a few options for addressing this.    I've noticed a few more people carrying fanny pack types of bags.  I leave some things in my car...but car break ins have been an issue at gyms as well.  I usually come directly from work and have papers/laptop/etc.

Make sure everything of value is out of site in your car (trunk/glove box) BEFORE you get to the gym. Also, keep your car clean. If there is nothing visible floating around the inside of your car, you are less likely to be chosen for a required window replacement.

Back